Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½
- For-Profit Colleges' Increased Lending Prompts Concerns. POPE, JUSTIN // Community College Week;9/7/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the growing number of loans provided to students by some of the largest for-profit colleges in the U.S. The situation is raising concerns because there is a possibility that most students will not be able to pay the loan, damaging their credit. Some colleges that have...
- The Value Of a Single Standard for Higher Education. Fanton, Jonathan // Education Week;11/16/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p29
The article reflect on the for-profit higher education industry and the ways in which these schools cater to the needs of a diverse student population. Topics include the educational standards for higher education institutions, a set of guidelines drafted by the Foundation for Educational...
- For-profit college shutdowns cap market-value plunge. Lorin, Janet; Lauerman, John // Fort Worth Business Press;5/11/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p17
The article offers information on the closure of various career colleges and campuses in the U.S. such as the Art Institute of Fort Worth in Texas caused by bankruptcy filed by for-profit college companies including Career Education, the Corinthian Colleges, and Education Management. According...
- For-profit college entering downtown Milwaukee. Dreyer, Jackie // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);10/18/2010, p10
No abstract available.
- Transparency by 'shorts' on for-profit' schools needed, too. Davis, Lanny // Hill;6/24/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 73, p40
In this article, the author discusses the criticism to some for-profit colleges and universities that are public companies in the U.S.
- For-Profit Colleges. // Radical Teacher;Winter2012, Issue 95, p76
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. in 2012 including the increase of for-profit colleges in the country and President Barack Obama's announcement that he will sign an executive order to keep these colleges from defrauding military families.
- Gainful Employment. T. G. // ASEE Prism;Jan2011, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses issues surrounding for-profit colleges in the U.S. particularly on the salaries received by top executives of the companies that run for-profit schools.
- Many For-Profits Pay Dearly for Claiming Misleadingly High Job Placement Rates. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Dec2013, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that many for-profit organizations are facing lawsuits filed by their former and existing students due to charging high job placement rates to graduates.
- A For-Profit School Folds When Accountability Slips. Gerber, Lois M. // Education Week;10/28/1992, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "For-Profit Schooling: Where's the Public Good?" by Linda Darling-Hammond in the October 7, 1992 issue.