Apollo Group Names New CEO; Capella Searches for One
- FYI. // PA Times;Summer2010, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p32
The article offers information on the Capella University's Public Service Challenge in which three applicants will be awarded a 10,000 U.S. dollars scholarship or charitable donation for their commitment to making a difference.
- Career Colleges Embark on a Year of Transition in Search of a Rebound to Growth. // Educational Marketer;3/12/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the marketing strategy of for-profit career college providers to proceed on a year of transition in search of a rebound to employment growth in the U.S. It notes that college providers are confronting an uncertain economy with a slowly improving job market and systemic...
- Among Career Colleges, Apollo Expands in Canada, DeVry Faces Investigation Over Recruitment. // Educational Marketer;5/26/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p1
The article offer updates related to career colleges. Apollo Group Inc., the parent company of the University of Phoenix, is establishing the New Brunswick, Canada-based Meritus University. Meanwhile, international higher educational organization DeVry Inc. is being investigated by the U.S....
- Apollo Group: The US Education Providers' Growth Strategies. // FedUni Journal of Higher Education;Feb2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p48
The article presents a case study on the growth of Apollo Group (Apollo) education company in the U.S. Apollo was started by John G. Sperling in 1973 dedicated to provide adults with higher education programs who wants to pursue their education in a regular-scheduled classes. With Sperling...
- Apollo Group Reflects Issues Among Career-Oriented Colleges. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p1
The article offers information on Apollo Group Inc., operator of the for-profit career college University of Phoenix (U of P) in the U.S. It mentions that Apollo had a 10.7 percent increase in enrollment in 2008 and notes that mathematics skills among Phoenix students were ranked lower compared...
- Apollo Group APOL. Young, Todd // Morningstar StockInvestor;6/15/2008, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p9
The article focuses on U.S. company Apollo Group, its profile, management and stewardship, valuation, and the perspective of "Morningstar StockInventory" on the firm's status. It states that Apollo Group is a leader in for-profit education and focusing on working adults permits Apollo to remove...
- NEWSBYTES. // BizEd;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p65
The article offers news briefs as of November 2014 on topics including the update on FlexPath competency-based delivery programs at Capella University, the offer of graduate-level certificate in business analytics at University of Iowa and launch of educational programs at Indiana University.
- Best foot forward. Walsh, Michael I. // Communication World;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p42
The article presents information on the sponsorship made by Capella University in Minneapolis, Minnesota for the 2007 Antarctica Marathon. It discusses the main objective of the university for sponsoring the marathon. The institution's decision to sponsor the marathon was based on extensive...
- Four New VPs. // Women in Academia Report;12/23/2011, p95
The article announces the appointment of Deborah Bushway as vice president for academic innovation at Capella University in Minneapolis.