Around the States ï¿½
- High school students rate their IEPs: Low opinions and lack of ownership. Lovitt, Thomas C.; Cushing, Suzanne S. // Intervention in School & Clinic;Sep94, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p34
Presents students' perceptions of their Individualized Education Program (IEP). Interview process; Examination of IEPs; Student participation in the IEP process; Efforts to help students get involved.
- The individualized education program: A retrospective critique. Goodman, Joan F.; Bond, Lori // Journal of Special Education;Winter93, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p408
Discusses the use of Individualized Education Program (IEP) as an instructional and evaluative mechanism. Reduction of categorical placements in favor of least restrictive environments; Choice of special skills and attainments as objectives.
- Does the Affiliation of Universities to External Organizations Foster Diversity in Private Higher Education? Chile in Comparative Perspective. Bernasconi, Andr�s // Higher Education;Sep2006, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p303
The expansion of private sectors of higher education has usually been regarded as a factor of diversification in higher education systems. Some of this differentiation has been found to arise from the affiliation of private institutions with organizations outside the field of higher education....
- PROGRESS REPORT: RACE TO THE TOP & PERSONALIZED ED. Atkenson, Sam; Will, Madeline // Education Week;10/22/2014 Supplement, pS16
The article profiles 16 U.S. school districts awarded grants through the Race to the Top educational program. Details are given listing the amount of funding issued; their organizational goals regarding personalized learning, technology, and metrics; and their future plans. Districts mentioned...
- Eight elements to guide goal determination for IEPs. Edelen-Smith, Patricia // Intervention in School & Clinic;May95, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p297
Shows how the value of an Individualized Education Program (IEP) may be enhanced through the use of eight elements that add personal values and validity for participants developing IEP goals. Consideration of existing expectations and selected goals; Characteristics of goals; Guide for...
- Developing Person-Centered IEPs. Keyes, Maureen W.; Owens-Johnson, Laura // Intervention in School & Clinic;Jan2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p145
Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs) must be renewed and reused at least annually as stipulated by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Reauthorization of IDEA in 1997 included specific requirements for students with disabilities and their families to become full,edged...
- A somewhat ironic decision. Zirkel, Perry A. // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb94, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p497
Presents the lawsuit filed by Sharon Carter's parents for reimbursements for the education of Sharon at Trident Academy from the government. Learning disabilities of Carter; Proposed individualized educational (IEP) program created by public school representatives; Final decision of the Supreme...
- Toward Solving the Problems of Misidentification and Limited Intervention Efficacy. Adelman, Howard S. // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Dec89, Vol. 22 Issue 10
Reports on the need to address causality in differentiating learning disabilities (LD) from other learning problems in order to reduce misdiagnoses and improve intervention efficacy. Expansion of prevailing approaches to individualizing instruction to account for intrinsic motivation;...
- Editorial. Anderson, Robert H. // Educational Leadership;Feb77, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p323
Editorial. Discusses the individualized learning approach to education. Systems of individualized instruction; Tools used to develop individualized instruction; Resistance to educational change.