Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½
- Jones and Bartlett Looks for Significant Growth. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the growth strategy of college publisher Jones and Bartlett Publishers Inc. in Sudbury, Massachusetts. It states that the publisher considered acquisition as strategy to flourish its business. According to Clayton Jones, chief executive officer (CEO) of Jones and Bartlett,...
- Smaller Deals Keep M&A Activity Moving in 2009. // Educational Marketer;4/13/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article offers updates on mergers and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the U.S. in 2009. It notes that various deals in the first quarter reflect some interesting trends particularly in the postsecondary career and early childhood segments. The acquisition of Wordware...
- Jones and Bartlett Buys Aspen Health Unit. // Publishers Weekly;11/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 46, p14
Announces that Jones and Bartlett Publishers acquired the health-care book-publishing division of Aspen Publishers in 2002. Number of textbooks and professional books added to Jones; Significance of the sale of the heal-care unit for Aspen.
- Jones&Bartlett Adds Health Titles to its List. // Educational Marketer;11/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p7
Reports on Sudbury, Massachusetts-based Jones & Barlett's acquisition of the Health Care Book Publishing division of Aspen Publishers.
- Partnerships & Acquisitionsï¿½. // Educational Marketer;1/21/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p8
The article offers news briefs related to partnerships in the U.S. such as the acquisition of Physicians' Press by Jones and Bartlett Publishers Inc. and the agreement to acquire NTI Group by Blackboard.
- Short-Runs Warm to Soft Proofing. McClure, Marji // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Oct2004, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p18
Discusses the benefits of soft proofing process as observed in several cases including the case of Elizabeth Platt, the special projects editor for Jones and Bartlett Publishers. Money saved by Jones and Bartlett Publishers in using soft proofing; Advantages of soft proofing as claimed by Paul...
- Thomson Learning Combines Two Higher Ed. Publishing Operations. // Educational Marketer;07/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p5
Reports that Thompson Learning company merged the operations of its higher education publishers, Brooks/Cole and Wadsworth, to create a an organization called Wadsworth Group.
- McGraw-Hill Children's Publishing Adds Frank Schaffer Publications. // Educational Marketer;06/04/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p3
Reports the acquisition of Toronto, Ontario-based Torsta's Frank Schaffer Publications by New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. in May 2001.
- With Two Mega-Deals Closed, Future M & A Activity Seeks To Fill Niches. // Educational Marketer;8/20/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p5
Provides information on mergers and acquisitions in the publishing industry in the United States in 2001, including the acquisition of Boston Brahmin Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal.