Digital Adoptions Continue Growing--Slowly
- A Few of My Favorite Things....Library Things. Shankles, Rachel // Arkansas Libraries;Spring2004, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p14
Presents several equipment and teaching aids for library program and technology education. Portable DVD player for program presentation; USB storage device from the Office Depot; Sony Mavica 10X FD-71 camera.
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p8
The article offers news briefs related to educational publishing in the U.S. McGraw-Hill Education teamed up with the University of Wisconsin Madison to provide its educational media content in the school's iTunesU site. Sundance/Newbridge Educational Publishing released "Visual Vocabulary...
- K-12 Supplemental Sales Increase 5.6% To $2B As Schools Begin Spending Again, Though Cautiously. // Educational Marketer;7/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the rise in K-12 supplemental material sales in the United States. Total value of the U.S. instructional materials market in the fiscal year 2003; Sales of instructional materials during the penultimate months of the school year 2003-2004; Factors contributing to the rise in...
- College IM Sales Grow Little in August. // Educational Marketer;11/7/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the continuous struggle of college publishers on the year-to date net sales of textbooks which stayed in the negative side in the U.S. It notes a 3.7% to 2.93 million net sales declination through August, which publishers cite the slow enrollment as the main factor. A...
- FREE Catalog of New 1990-91 Material. // Education Week;1/30/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p28
The article presents information on an educational catalog from Kentucky School Service. The catalog contains new material from leading educational manufacturers in easy-to-scan brochure.
- Adoption Chances Ahead; Technology Interests Up. // Educational Marketer;1/ 4/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
The article presents the 2010 outlook for PreK-12 textbooks and supplemental materials in the U.S. It mentions the greater opportunities from the federal level including stimulus money and Race to the Top grants for greater injections of technology in the process of learning. It explains that...
- Surge in Company-Sponsored Studies Sparks Concern. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;12/6/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p12
The article focuses on reports used as marketing tools by educational publishers that are filled with data designed to prove the effectiveness of their products on student achievement. Publishers are designing instructional materials, assessments, and professional development programs in...
- Steck-Vaughn hires new CEO; Company focuses on print-based materials. // Electronic Education Report;11/05/97, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p4
Informs the hiring of Richard Casabonne, an educational publishing consultant, to head supplementals maker Steck-Vaughn Publishing in Austin, Texas. Casabonne's first order of business; Accomplishment of the firm; Number to reach Steck-Vaughn.
- College Sales Grow 4.1% in November. // Educational Marketer;02/13/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the growth in the sales of instructional materials in the U.S. in November 2011. It mentions that net sales of instructional materials in U.S. colleges increased by 4.1 percent to 244 million dollars. It notes that he transition to digital instructional materials can help...