Cengage Completes HM College Acquisition
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/16/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 46, p3
This section offers news briefs on the book industry in the U.S. A lawsuit has been filed by Cengage Learning against Houghton Mifflin Harcourt alleging Houghton of increasing its sales to international resellers prior to selling its college division to Cengage. Daniel Handler has decided to...
- Cengage Sues Over Old International Sales Tactics. // Educational Marketer;11/23/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Cengage Learning Inc. against Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) after HMH's failure to fulfill an acquisition contract which led to loss of revenues for Cengage. The lawsuit was filed because of the decision of HMH to market textbooks to...
- Science Materials up for Approval in Texas. // Educational Marketer;7/18/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p5
The article reports on publishers and software providers who submitted science materials for grades 5-12 to be approved for adoption by the Board of Education of Texas. The publishers which submitted materials include Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Pearson, and Cengage Learning. Software providers,...
- Around the States ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;7/ 6/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the adoption of the"Math in Focus: The Singapore Approach" by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) at public schools in Fayette County, Kentucky.
- Publisher Launches Innovation Fund. Quillen, Ian // Education Week;9/22/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the publishing company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's funding of $400 million aimed at innovation in education.
- FINANCIALS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Jun2012, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p11
The article reports that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. has filed a Chapter 11 financial restructuring plan with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York.
- Cullinane Heads Content at HMH. // Educational Marketer;4/8/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p6
The article announces that Mary Cullinane was appointed chief content officer at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. in Boston, Massachusetts.
- HMH Goes Mobile with Fuse for iPad. // Educational Marketer;9/13/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p6
The article focuses on the move of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) to launch a year-long Apple iPad pilot program in four school districts in California with the use of an application for Holt McDougal Algebra I.
- Houghton Mifflin Seeks Reprice on $246M Loan. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;1/13/2014, p30
The article reports on the plan of textbook publisher Houghton Mifflin to reduce the price of its 246 million senior secured loan.