- P.T. Barnum & the catechetical quest. O'Malley, W.J. // America;10/10/1987, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p206
Religious education ought to cock an ear more often in the direction of salespeople & learn how to sell their product. Lists ten commandments to get religious education back into the competition for hearts & minds.
- Why intangibles are what makes a school special. Solanki, Vijay // Marketing (00253650);1/4/2002, p14
Focuses on the pressure faced by schools to market themselves to the society. Challenge given by the government to schools; Emphasis on rebranding of schools for better market; Importance of sponsorship on the market of schools.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;5/2/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p7
The article offers news briefs related to educational market in the U.S. on topics including the mobile application of Becker Professional Education, the distribution agreement between Capstone Young Readers and Epic!, the launch of Scholastic's ebook solution.
- K-12 Leaders: Embrace Branding. Shevack, Brett // Education Week;7/8/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p24
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the use of branding in K-12 schools.
- Marketing and morality. Heischman, Daniel R. // Independent School;Fall90, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the moral aspect of school marketing. Independent schools' need to engage in vigorous marketing programs; Sustained promotional and institutional advancement program; Marketing ethics.
- MARKETING DISTANCE EDUCATION: A CLASSIFICATION OF RISKS PERCEIVED BY ADMINISTRATORS, FACULTY, AND STUDENTS. Bridges, Claudia M.; Cadwallader, Susan K. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 12, p410
In developing effective marketing strategies that encourage university administration, faculty and student participation in distance education programs, it is necessary to properly identify possible objections from each group's perspective. Although there has been a significant increase in the...
- Dunbar High School Marketing Campaign Hits the Mark. Rowley, Dorothy // Washington Informer;8/30/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 46, p20
The article focuses on the marketing campaign of Paul Laurence Dunbar Senior High School to ensure its continued presence in the community, bolster its Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), and boost enrollment of public schools in Washington D.C.
- ROUND PEGS IN SQUARE HOLES? DEVELOPMENT EDUCATION, THE FORMAL SECTOR AND THE GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE ECONOMY. Gaynor, Niamh // Policy & Practice: A Development Education Review;Autumn2016, Issue 23, p1
The article reflects on challenges of carrying out development education within the formal sector, and highlights marketisation, commodification and the â€˜new managerialism' within education.
- Gaining Footholds in China. // Educational Marketer;1/5/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on various initiatives of foreign publishers in China such as the acquisition of two English-language schools in the country by Pearson Education Inc., the search of John Wiley & Sons Inc. on market opportunities for its WileyPlus which is a higher education learning...