Jones and Bartlett Looks for Significant Growth
- Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;7/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the success of Jones and Bartlett Publishers Inc. to complete its acquisition of a medical publisher Tarascon Publishing in Redlands, California,
- Smaller Deals Keep M&A Activity Moving in 2009. // Educational Marketer;4/13/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article offers updates on mergers and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the U.S. in 2009. It notes that various deals in the first quarter reflect some interesting trends particularly in the postsecondary career and early childhood segments. The acquisition of Wordware...
- Jones and Bartlett Buys Aspen Health Unit. // Publishers Weekly;11/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 46, p14
Announces that Jones and Bartlett Publishers acquired the health-care book-publishing division of Aspen Publishers in 2002. Number of textbooks and professional books added to Jones; Significance of the sale of the heal-care unit for Aspen.
- PAGE BY PAGE. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Detroit;Aug2012, p4
The article discusses the launching of a book division, which tells entrepreneurs' stories. It states that the division's editorial staff does all the work for the readers unlike traditional publishers. The division has eight books in various stages of production, including books for the chief...
- Jones&Bartlett Adds Health Titles to its List. // Educational Marketer;11/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p7
Reports on Sudbury, Massachusetts-based Jones & Barlett's acquisition of the Health Care Book Publishing division of Aspen Publishers.
- A Take-Charge CEO To Spearhead the M&A PROCESS. Clemente, Mark N. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p35
Focuses on the role of chief executive officers in corporate mergers in the United States. Enhancement of the shareholder value; Improvement of the acquisition planning; Characterization of the integration leaders.
- Ramona National Bank Searching for New CEO. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;9/26/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p14
Reports business developments in California. Recruitment of a new chief executive officer by Ramona National Bank; Acquisition of Celtic Capital Corp. by Discovery Bancorp; Launch of the third branch office of Neighborhood National Bank; Plans of First Community Bancorp to acquire Cedars Bank.
- How to Avoid An M&A Hangover. Colvin, Geoffrey // Fortune;9/3/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 4, p58
Offers advice to chief executive officers (CEO) who are considering mergers and acquisitions for their corporation. Mention of CEO who made mistakes with investments in mergers and acquisitions; Tips culled from a roundtable discussion of CEO in an organization called The M&A Group; Comments...
- Highlights from Inside Report. Anderson, Scott; Hammond, Karen; Perrin, Lindsey; Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p11
Reports developments related to publishers and publishing in Canada. Commitment of Canadian Heritage for arts and culture; Marketing strategy of Chapters Online in preparation for the merger with Indigo Online; Reorganization at Key Porter Books.