Follett Nudges E-Textbook Acceptance With Acquisition of CafeScribe
- Textbook Vendors To Chase Students Online. Mand, Adrienne // Adweek Eastern Edition;1/4/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the launch of separate campaigns by discount bookseller VarsityBooks.Com and textbook distributor Higher Education Group, a unit of Follett Corp. Traditional and online advertising plans; Size of each company's catalog.
- Battle of the (college) books gains intensity. Freeman, Laurie // Advertising Age;8/23/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 35, p16
This article reports on the advertising efforts of online bookstores to catch the attention and money of students who are heading off to college. Major contenders, including Big Words, ecampus.com and VarsityBooks.com, are unveiling fall 1999 campaigns in the 5 million to 10 million U.S. dollar...
- Financial Briefs ... // Educational Marketer;5/19/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p8
Reports that Washington, D.C.-based online solutions provider Varsity Group Inc. has reported that it had reduced its net loss for the first quarter in 2002. Company background; Increase in the company's clients in the same period.
- AAP: K-12 Sales Increase 10%; College Sales Plummet, Returns Rise. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p5
Reports the sales of United States K-12 instructional materials in September 2000.
- With a Chance for More Textbook Funding, Florida Is K-12 Bright Spot. // Educational Marketer;2/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the projected growth of the K-12 educational publishers in terms of funding for instructional materials in Florida. Amount allocated for instructional materials; Constitutional requirement to fund constitutional voters; Sales opportunity for publishers.
- Where is that lesson? It's easy to find with LRMI. DeNisco, Alison // District Administration;Oct2013, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p74
The article looks at the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI), created by the U.S. Association of Educational Publishers and Creative Commons that can be used by teachers for searching for instructional materials online.
- CHECKLIST. // School Library Journal;Feb81, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p35
Lists educational materials released in the United States as of February 2001. 'Puppets and You in the Library,' a booklet from the Orange County Public Library in California; 'Invitations, Celebrations: A Handbook of Ideas and Techniques for Promoting Reading in Junior and Senior High...
- Textbook vendors to chase students online. Mand, Adrienne // Brandweek;01/04/99, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p25
Informs about the stiff competition among online textbook vendors in the United States. VarsityBooks.com's launching of its traditional and online campaign that touts buying textbook online; Debut of online venture efollett.com and traditional Fiesta Bowl campaign of Follett Corp.'s Higher...
- Lang. Arts, Foreign Language Textbook Sales Could Be Lighter in '04 in Tennessee Than Science in '03. // Educational Marketer;12/1/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p1
Reports that heavy purchasing by large school districts rescued Tennessee's textbook sales in 2003, but may not be repeated in 2003, when schools are supposed to buy instructional materials in K-12 language arts, foreign language and art, dramatics, music and speech.