MDR Market Tips
- Chapter 3: Past and Projected Public School Enrollments. // Condition of Education 2007;2007, p24
Chapter 3 of the book "The Condition of Education 2007" is presented. It focuses on the past and projected enrollment rates in public elementary and secondary schools in the U.S. It is predicted that by 2016, 53 million students will be enrolled in public elementary and secondary schools. It is...
- Enrollment surge brings more challenges. Sack-Min, Joetta // American School Board Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 195 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses the increase in public school enrollment brought on by immigration and growing diversity in the U.S. The 2008 "Condition of Education" report states that about 50 million students will begin school in the fall and around one in five are Hispanic. Some issues found in the...
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT LEISURE INTERESTS OVER THREE DECADES. Hendel, Darwin D.; Harrold, Roger D. // College Student Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p557
The last three decades of the 1900s was a time in which dramatic changes occurred in the enrollments and corresponding attitudes of students enrolled in colleges and universities. Although considerable data exist on the activities and interests of students as they enter college (Astin, 1998),...
- EARLY-CHILDHOOD ANALYSIS. // Education Week;1/8/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p14
The article reports on research which the Education Week Research Center did in 2014 to analyze American Community Survey data from 2014 to identify patterns in school enrollment among young children in the U.S. between the ages of three and six. The research found that enrollment is influenced...
- School quality and Massachusetts enrollment shifts in the context of tax limitations. Bradbury, Katharine L.; Case, Karl E.; Mayer, Christopher J. // New England Economic Review;Jul/Aug98, p3
Investigates the adjustments made by the local government and private citizens to a demographically driven increase of school enrollments at Massachusetts between the 1980s and the 1990s. Impact of public school enrollment changes on school quality; Emergence of enrollment shifting trends...
- States with highest percentage public high school enrollment growth projections 2010 to 2021. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/14/2013, p1
A list of U.S. states with the highest percentage public high school enrollment growth projections from 2010 to 2021 is presented, which includes Texas, Colorado and Wyoming.
- The enrollment bulge. McDaniels, Garry // Curriculum Administrator;Jan1999, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
Looks at school enrollments in the United States as of January 1999. Forecasts on school enrollments; History of enrollment increases; Number of additional students.
- Enrollment at Loyola off 6 percent. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p25
The article reports on the decline in enrollment for the 2007-2008 school year in New Orleans, Louisiana universities. The 6 percent dropped in enrollment at Loyola University includes graduate, law school and undergraduates. Student enrollment at the eight University of Louisiana System (ULS)...
- Oops, they meant `up'. // NEA Today;Sep95, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p17
Predicts that student enrollment in the United States would reach around 49 million in the year 2000. Increase in population and the influx of immigrants as key factors for the rise in student enrollment; Night school as a solution to the problems regarding shortage in educational facilities.