NACS's Student Watch FAQs
- Lang. Arts, Foreign Language Textbook Sales Could Be Lighter in '04 in Tennessee Than Science in '03. // Educational Marketer;12/1/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p1
Reports that heavy purchasing by large school districts rescued Tennessee's textbook sales in 2003, but may not be repeated in 2003, when schools are supposed to buy instructional materials in K-12 language arts, foreign language and art, dramatics, music and speech.
- Untested Textbooks. // Time;6/7/1971, Vol. 97 Issue 23, p35
The article reports that P. Kenneth Komoski, head of the nonprofit, Manhattan-based Educational Products Information Exchange Institute, has said that U.S. students are using more than 200,000 poorly tested textbooks, films, teaching machines and other complex learning gadgets. According to...
- College Textbook Return Growth Rate Slows in July, Clips Net Sales. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p6
Provides information on the decline in college textbook return growth rate in July 2003. Net incurred by the U.S. college instructional material publishers in July of the same year; Gross sales generated by the publishers for the month of September 2003; Average of the ratio of returns to gross...
- History Repeats Itself in Texas for Textbook-Review Process. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;8/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p11
Reports on the initiation of a textbook review program by the Texas state school board as part of a plan to adopt full textbooks of history and social studies. Conduct of public hearings on text content and selection; History of the textbook selection controversy; Implications of the textbook...
- Online Textbooks Becoming More Popular. // District Administration;Feb2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p68
The article reports on the increasing popularity of online textbooks among the school districts of the United States. The K-12 science coordinator for the Scottsdale Unified School District in Arizona explains that the online textbooks enable teachers to change or create multiple questions by...
- Vital Source Technologies. GRIFFIN, DONOVAN // Information Today;Jun2014, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p31
The article features Vital Source Technologies, a member of Ingram Content Group. Topics discussed include its initial focus on improving the textbook experience of dental training, its decision to refine its approach to digital textbooks, the acquisition of VPG Integrated Media and CourseSmart,...
- Out With Textbooks, In With Learning. Daniels, Harvey; Zemelman, Steven // Educational Leadership;Dec2003, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p36
Reveals that U.S. students have the heaviest and thickest textbooks in the world according to the TIMSS international comparison of mathematics and science education. Views of the American Association for the Advancement of Science on educational materials; Role of textbook companies.
- AAP: College Market Sees March Decline, But K-12 Has Strong Month. // Educational Marketer;05/15/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the sales status of college textbooks and instructional materials to elementary schools in the United States in March 2000.
- K-12 Textbook Sales Climb For December, Jump 13.4% For The Year. // Educational Marketer;02/12/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the growth of sales of elementary and high school textbooks and instructional materials for 2000 as compared to 1999 sales, according to figures compiled by the Association of American Publishers.