College Stores Grapple with Demands of Digital Era
- WRITING THE WRONG: WHAT THE E-BOOK INDUSTRY CAN LEARN FROM DIGITAL MUSIC'S MISTAKES WITH DRM. Trivedi, Priti // Journal of Law & Policy;2010, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p925
The article explores the lessons to be learned by the electronic book (e-book) publishing industry from the experiences of the digital music sector in using digital rights management (DRM) technology. Technologies and the inability of DRM to combat piracy sufficiently are cited as the most...
- Doing it by the books. Zeller, Shawn // National Journal;5/23/98, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p1198
Reports on the message being pushed by the Campus Area Small Business Alliance, a coalition of independent bookstore based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Clamor of the coalition against college-owned bookshops; Comments from John-Paul de Bernardo, the lawyer representing the coalition.
- Will technology trigger demise of traditional paper textbooks? // Westchester County Business Journal;03/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p20
Reports on discussions on the future of textbooks in an era of electronic media at the annual conference of the National Association of College Stores called ConTEXT 2001. Importance of digital delivery of content; Prospects of profits from electronic books.
- Transcriber's Note. Wilson, Richard // Back to Julie;1/1/1954, p1
A transcriber's note is presented regarding extensive research which has uncovered no evidences on the renewal of U.S. copyrights for the publication.
- The Big-Business Bookstore. Rivard, Nicole // University Business;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p37
Offers ideas on managing college bookstores in the U.S. Importance of planning in textbook merchandising; Tips on customer relations and service management; Benefits from outsource management.
- Best Bookstore. // Athens News;1/30/2014, p16
The article offers information that several bookstores of Athens County, Ohio including Athens Book Center, Little Professor and College Bookstore have been honored with the Best Bookstore award as of January 2014.
- Camex 2015: College Stores Revamp; Amazon, Indies Arrive on Campus. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;3/2/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 9, p5
The article focuses on the 2015 Campus Market Expo, known as Camex, held in Atlanta, Georgia on February 20-24, 2015.
- Online textbook discounts disputed. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p3
Reports the complaint of the National Association of College Stores against false advertisement of Internet retailers in Oberlin, Ohio. Discount claims on college books by the online bookstores; Lawsuit of the association against VarsityBooks.com; Effect of discount claims on campus bookstore...
- INDEPENDENT COLLEGE BOOKSTORES Attracting New Customers. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p136
The article focuses on the bookstore business in the U.S. College bookstore managers want to dispel the perception that people not associated with the college are not allowed to shop in its campus bookstore. According to Jerrod Nickels, manager of Grand Valley State University bookstore in...