With Sale of Company Under Way, Harcourt Revenue Slides 1% in 2007
- Harcourt Weathers A Disappointing Year; Revenue At U.S. School And Assessment Business Up 3.4%. // Educational Marketer;2/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Harcourt Education Group company in 2005 in the U.S. The company's revenue from its school and assessment businesses increased by 3.4 percent. Overall, the company generated revenue of 1.68 billion dollars. The factors contributing to the...
- Mixed Results: Harcourt, Thomson, Pearson Ed. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/21/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p16
Provides information on the financial performance of major educational and professional publishers in 2004. Sales decline in the subsidiary of Harcourt Education; Increase in sales at Thomson Learning, according to Thomson Corp.; Business losses posted by Pearson Education.
- In Cost-Cutting Measure, Harcourt Education Eliminates 350 of 3,000 Jobs Nationwide. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the layoff of several employees of Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Implementation of cost-cutting measures by the company; Number of employees accepting the voluntary separation offer of the company; Statistics on the revenue of the company.
- Publishers Turn in Mixed Results in H1; Expect Improvement in H2. // Electronic Education Report;8/24/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of the three largest educational publishers in the U.S. for the first half of 2007. New York-based McGraw-Hill Education increased revenue 5.7% to $979 million while Upper Saddle River, New Jersey-based Pearson Education Inc. generated revenue of...
- Harcourt Plays Catch-Up In E-Basal Textbook Alliance With Riverdeep. // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the strategic alliance between Harcourt Education Group and educational software publisher Riverdeep to develop electronic textbooks in the United States.
- Harcourt Education Promotes From Within to Fill School and HRW Posts. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p3
Reports on executive appointments made by Harcourt Education for its School Publishers and Holt Rinehart and Winston operations.
- Harcourt Education Performs for Reed Elsevier, Driving K-12 Education Revenue Up 79% in 2002. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the expansion of the revenue of Harcourt Education, the kindergarten-grade 12 division of Reed Elsevier PLC, in 2002.
- Testing Slump Knocks Harcourt Education's U.S. K-12 Revenue Down 6% in First Six Months. // Educational Marketer;8/18/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the decline in U.S. revenue of education at Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Profit gained at Harcourt's U.S. schools and testing businesses; Optimism of Reed Elsevier chief executive officer Crispin Davis regarding the result; Rate of revenue at Pearson Education.
- Job Cuts Coming to Harcourt Education. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the decision of Harcourt Education to reduce its workforce, as of January 2003. Reasons for the decision; Details of the staff reduction program.