College Pubs Cap Year with Net Sales Growth of 6.5%
- Scholastic Looks for Growth From Stimulus. // Electronic Education Report;7/27/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p1
The article focuses on the business performance of New York-based company Scholastic Inc in fiscal 2009 which ended in March 31. It states that the company revenue reduced 14.3% from 2008, however, it is expecting for improvement in educational publishing in fiscal 2010 due to the impact of the...
- Goodbye to Print? Derico, Anthony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Oct2003, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p40
Examines the market for business-to-business (B2B) publishing in the U.S. Outlook on B2B publishing in 2004; Investment return from B2B publishing; Implications of B2B publishing for print publication; Revenue generated from advertising and market research.
- Publishers Experience Business and Technology Challenges with e-Books. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;12/13/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p12
No abstract available.
- BACK IN THE MIX. Chase, James // Medical Marketing & Media;Mar2015, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p32
The article focuses on the medical publishing industry and the strategies adopted by the industry to thrive in the competitive market. The pharmaceutical spending was high in 2014 and during the year medical/surgical print journal revenues were up by 7.5 percent and the entire healthcare...
- Engagement: The New Digital Metric. MUTTER, ALAN D. // Editor & Publisher;Nov2011, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p20
The author reports on the mistake of publishers in applying the business model of print media to attract audiences to its digital publications. He examines the strategy of digital publishers in the assembly of loyal readers that help generate advertising revenues worth 15-30 U.S. dollars for...
- Sales Fall at Franklin. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 21, p18
Provides information on the financial performance of Franklin Electronic Publishers for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2004. Net income; Sales.
- A model for evaluating revenue management implementation (MERMI) in the hotel industry. Talón-Ballestero, Pilar; González-Serrano, Lydia; Figueroa-Domecq, Cristina // Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management;Aug2014, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p309
A new model is proposed to assess the implementation of revenue management (RM), specifically by the hotel industry. Named the Model for Evaluating RM Implementation (MERMI), it was designed around the factors identified by expert consensus to be essential to ensuring optimal RM. The protocol...
- THE IMPLICATIONS OF CHOOSING THE METHOD OF COST CALCULATION IN RELATION TO THE PROFITABILITY OF A PRODUCT. IIeana, Gojnea Violeta // Annals of the University of Craiova, Economic Sciences Series;2011, Vol. 4, p110
The article presents an analysis of the rates of return of a company whose costs vary depending on the method of calculation used. The rates of return are synthetic indicators that present the profitability situation or the ability of the company to produce profit. The calculation methods used...
- Why Facebook Is Tops In These 4 Fundamental Factors. DAVID SAITO-CHUNG // Investors Business Daily;12/8/2015, pB01
The article offers the author's insights on a study of the fundamentals which explain why institutional investor support social network company Facebook Inc. Topics discussed include the financial performance of the company, the improvement of return on equity, and the plan of the company to...