Haights Cross Puts All Its Assets Up for Sale
- Haights Cross adds companies, divides publishing operations. // Book Publishing Report;12/20/99, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p4
Reports that Haights Cross Communications (HCC) has acquired library publisher Chelsea House, audiobook publisher Recorded Books and test preparation materials publisher Educational Design. Creation of two distinct publishing groups; Dan Wasp's promotion; List of other HCC properties.
- Publisher for sale. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;2/11/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that Haights Cross Communications Inc. is for sale in New York. The decision was made after a year marked by an investors' lawsuit over company stock shares and the resignation of its founding chief executive officer (CEO) Paul J. Quandt. The remaining operating units of...
- Recorded Books Sold to Investors. Chant, Ian // Library Journal;3/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 5, p22
This article reports on the purchase of Recorded Books, a supplier of audiobooks, electronic books and other electronic content to libraries, by the private investment firm Wasserstein & Co. LP. The company has been owned by publisher Haights Cross Communications since 1999. A brief history of...
- Haights Adds One Company, Sells Another; New Chelsea CEO. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 17, p12
Reports on the strategies of Haights Cross Communication to improve its business around elhi and library publishing. Decision of the company to sell its professional publishing unit Oakstone Publishing; Acquisition of test preparation publisher Buckle Down Publishing; Appointment of Bob Laronga...
- Haights Cross Looking at $25-Million Buy. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p14
Reports on a nonbinding letter of intent signed by Haights Cross Communications (HCC) to acquire a print-based curriculum supplementary publisher. Effort taken by HCC to finance the transaction; Reasons for the profit shortfalls of the company.
- Haights Cross sells publishing division in Ala. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/14/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 28, p2
The article reports on the decision of White Plains-based Haights Cross Communications Inc. to sell its Oakstone Publishing business while freezing its plans to dispose two other business operations. Haights Cross management said that Boston Ventures Management LLC has acquired the publishing...
- Haights Cross Completes Three Purchases. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/20/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 51, p10
States that Haights Cross Communications company has completed its acquisition of three publishing companies. Chelsea House company; Educational Design company; Recorded Books company; Total value of the acquisition deals; Information on the acquired companies; Company reorganization.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/9/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p8
Assesses the growth of revenue by K-12 and professional publisher Haights Cross for the year 2002 in the U.S. Development of library businesses; Production of test-preparatory series by the publisher; Comparison of the sales between Newbridge Educational Publishing and Triumph Learning.
- STAYING PUT. MILLIOT, JIM; WISHCENBART, RUEDIGER // Publishers Weekly;6/30/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 26, p27
The article discusses the impact that mergers and acquisitions in the publishing community have had on annual revenue for the world's largest publishing houses such as Pearson, Reed Elsevier, and Wolters Kluwer. Topics include how the decline of the real, the Brazilian currency, impacted...