Pubs Look for Acceleration In Digital Transformation
- Publisher's Response. Edwards, Martine // NECTFL Review;Jan2014, Issue 73, p84
The article presents the response of Cengage Learning to a review of the book it published called "Alliages culturels."
- Publishers Restructure to Drive Performance. // Educational Marketer;4/27/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the operational changes of higher education market publishers to drive strong sales performance in the U.S. It highlights Cengage Learning in Stamford, Connecticut that drove 10 percent to 1.15 billion dollars revenue in its academic and professional group for fiscal year...
- Thomson Companies Make Niche Buys. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the acquisition of several books by companies affiliated with Thomson Corp. Books written by Career Press founder Ron Fry; Plan of Delmar Learning to make some of the content available in different formats.
- Cengage Learning set to exit Chapter II. // e.learning age;Mar2014, p2
The article reports on a global restructuring settlement reached by Cengage Learning Inc., a publisher of print and digital information services, with its financial stakeholders and creditors in 2014, allowing it to emerge from bankruptcy.
- EM's Top Higher Education Stories of 2007. // Educational Marketer;2/4/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p5
The article offers information on the top higher education stories of 2007 reviewed by "Educational Marketer." It mentions the acquisition of college business of Houghton Mifflin Co. by Cengage Learning Inc. and its emergence from the 7.75 million dollars sale of Thomson Learning's academic and...
- College Sales Decline in June and H1. // Educational Marketer;9/23/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p8
The article reports on the decline in the sales of the college publishing industry in the U.S. in June and in the first half of 2013. According to the Association of American Publishers, the net sales in June 2013 fell by 27.3% to $331.4 million as compared to June 2012. Cengage Learning, the...
- Cengage Learning Enters Voluntary Bankruptcy. // Educational Marketer;7/15/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the voluntary bankruptcy of Cengage Learning Inc., a publisher of print and digital information services in Stamford, Connecticut, which was filed in July 2013. It notes that the move is an effort to restructure Cengage's debt. It mentions that Michael Hansen, the...
- Creating a Workable Capital Structure. // Educational Marketer;7/15/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the effort of Cengage Learning Inc., a publisher of print and digital information services in Stamford, Connecticut, to create a workable capital structure after it filed voluntary bankruptcy. It mentions that the firm has a $5.8 million debt load which came from...
- Cengage Expands Digitally with 4 Partnerships. // Educational Marketer;6/13/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the partnership formed by Cengage Learning Inc., the second- largest college publisher in the U.S. with e-portfolio provider Pathbrite to incorporate the e-portfolio solution in Cengage Learning's MindTap digital learning platform. The $3.7 million funding led by Cengage...