- Student, Faculty Tech Engagement. McClure, Ann // University Business;Apr2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the survey from the Cengage Learning Inc. and Eduventures Inc. which indicate that majority of faculty and students prefer course instructions that integrate technology. It notes that Cengage's executive William Reiders has revealed that the survey has also found...
- People ... // Educational Marketer;6/3/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p7
The article announces the appointments of former Indiana Senator Evan Bayh as board of director of McGraw-Hill Education and Alexander Broich as president of International of Cengage Learning Inc.
- FTSE 100 slammed over learning strategy. // e.learning age;Nov2005, p2
Reports on the accusation of electronic learning company Thomson NETg against companies that are listed on the Financial Times and the London Stock Exchange for lack of learning strategy and strategic skills direction in 2005. Inability of the companies to employ a chief learning officer (CLO);...
- Inside ACTE. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2012, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p56
The article offers information on the developments in the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) in the U.S. It cites the 2013 election of the ACTE Board of Directors on November 30 to December 31, 2012 and the acceptance of the ACTE Fellowship Program applications for the 2013...
- ACTE Assembly of Delegates Approves Two Resolutions. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Feb2013, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p56
The article offers world news briefs as of February 2013. Association of Career and Technical Education (ACTE) Assembly of Delegates has approved two resolutions on assisting members in Guam and Perkins funding. Deadline for ACTE Regional Awards has been changed to March 1, 2013. ACTE has...
- People on The Move. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/15/2002, Issue 323008, p5
Reports career developments of the executives in California as of November 2002. Promotion of Evangelista Gonzalez to the position of vice president of Kaweah National Bank; Selection of William J. Conway to the position of marketing director of Downing Planetarium; Recruitment of staff members...
- LOBBYING WORLD. // Hill;8/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 95, p9
The article reports career development updates in the U.S. including former representative Kenneth Bentsen Jr. who joined with Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, Frank Mermoud for TD International, and Cheryl Blum who joined with the Telecommunications Industry Association.
- COMINGS AND GOINGS. // Corporate Legal Times;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 130, p8
Reports career developments for corporate legal executives in the U.S. as of September 2002. Selection of Eric H. Peterson as executive vice president and general counsel for TXU company; Appointment of John K.P. Stone III as senior vice president and general counsel of PolyMedia Corp.;...
- BE YOUR OWN HEADHUNTER. Butcher, David // Management Today;Dec2001, p60
Offers advice to executives who want to become their own headhunter. Avoidance of relying on superiors for career guidance; Assessment of own expertise; Selection of firms to pursue; Benefits of making cold calls.