Florida Approves 89 Reading Programs
- Three reading incentive promotions. McCall, Sandra Bohl // Library Talk;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p9
Describes three reading promotion programs. Focus of each program; Activities under each program.
- A pith helmet becomes a magic carpet. Peck, Robert Newton // Library Talk;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p11
Looks at how the author's school teacher had encouraged him and other children to read. Teacher's ability to transform reading into an outdoor adventure; Realization that to encourage children to read is to make reading fun.
- Family Reading Night 2012. // Insight;Jan/Feb2013, p2
The article offers information on the yearly Family Reading Night of the Secretary of State participated by children and parents in Illinois on November 15, 2012.
- Joy of reading and learning demonstrated at Guadalajara conference. // Reading Today;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p42
Reports on the 1998 Guadalajara Reading Council International Conference. General sessions; Speakers.
- Scholastic Continues Computerized Reading Focus With New Exec. // Educational Marketer;01/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the continuation of the computerized reading program of Scholastic Inc. called Scholastic Reading Counts! with the appointment of Harry Barfoot as president of the program.
- For First Six Months of 2002, College Revenue Rises, While K-12 Revenue Is Stuck in a Slump. // Educational Marketer;8/19/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p1
Reports the state of the educational publishing industry in the U.S. Spending on textbook adoption; Revenue improvement from several reading program; Purchasing activity for print products.
- Read for 2001. // Scholastic Scope;11/27/2000, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p4
Invites students around the world to join the Read for 20001 seconds campaign. Schedule for the reading campaign; Selection of the British popular band BBMak as the official spokesmen of Read for 20001; List of books recommended by celebrities.
- Read Any Good Books Lately? // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;11/15/2000, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the participation of country singer Billy Gilman in the promotion of Scholastic's Read For 2001 campaign to get kids to read in the United States.
- Read for 2001. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;11/27/2000, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the endorsement of football player Peyton Manning of the Read for 2001 program.