Macmillan Expands in Custom Publishing
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;1/14/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 2, p2
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. As part of a company-wide downsizing at the McGraw-Hill Cos., the McGraw-Hill Education group has eliminated 304 positions. Raincoast Books, the Canadian co-publisher and distributor of the Harry Potter series, is closing its...
- First quarter energy M&As show rebound for industry. TRONCHE, JOHN-LAURENT // Fort Worth Business Press;5/17/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p19
The article reports on the strong merger and acquisition (M&A) activity for the business sector in the U.S. during the first three months of 2010, which is recorded as the second-highest dollar volume in the last couple of years.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions…. // Electronic Education Report;2/21/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the partnership between Education 2020, the provider of virtual school instruction for the elementary pupils and Penn Foster Education Group in Pennsylvania.
- M&A Snapshot. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the increase in the merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the U.S. from 30.9% in the third quarter of 2011 to 43.6 % in the same quarter in 2012.
- Alkermes, Elan Unit to Merge. // Chain Drug Review;6/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p40
The article reports that a merger valued at about 960 million U.S. dollars will be made between Alkermes Inc. and Elan Drug Technologies Inc. (EDT) in the U.S.
- NB Investor Tees Off. CASACCHIA, CHRIS // Orange County Business Journal;1/28/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that the firm Concert Golf Partners has launched a $50 million fund through the purchase of Country Club at Woodmore in the U.S.
- Who Will Win Deal of the Year? FLYNN, MARY KATHLEEN // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/24/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p25
The article calls for readers to submit entries about the best merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. in 2012.
- CiG Wireless acquires assets from Towers of Texas. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;Nov2012, p8
The article reports that an aggregate purchase price of USD$3.55 has been paid by CiG Wireless Corp. for assets of the firm Towers of Texas in the U.S.
- Thoma Bravo Acquires Crossbeam Systems. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;Nov2012, p14
The article reports that Thoma Bravo LLC has acquired Crossbeam Systems Inc. in the U.S.