Wiley Looks to New Year for Revenue Improvement in Higher Ed Business
- Wiley's Pesce Sees Growth In College Market. // Educational Marketer;7/ 6/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the expectation of William Pesce, chief executive officer (CEO) of John Wiley & Sons Inc., for the higher education publishing market in the U.S. in 2009. According to Pesce, the college market has been healthy in 2008 which is expected to continue until 2009. It states...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;6/10/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the number of teacher-education titles acquired by John Wiley & Sons from Prentice Hall Direct, a unit of Pearson Education.
- Wiley Outpaces the Industry with 3% Gains in U.S. College Sales in the August-October Period. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the U.S. Increase of revenue from the college market; Increase of sales from new accounting books; Improvement of market share.
- Digital Sales Spur Wiley. // Publishers Weekly;6/20/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 25, p9
This article reports on an increase in total revenue of John Wiley & Sons in the fiscal year ended April 30, 2011.
- Wiley Greets Fall with New College Titles. // Educational Marketer;9/15/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the publication of a number of college textbooks editions of Hoboken, New Jersey-based John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the fiscal first quarter of 2008 aimed at increasing global revenue.
- Acquired Titles Boost Wiley's Revenue 6%. // Educational Marketer;7/8/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the increase in U.S. college revenue at educational publishing firm John Wiley and Sons Inc. in fiscal year 2002 ended April 30. Contribution of higher education division to company-wide profit; Acquisition of titles from Thomson Learning Inc.; Impact of college enrollments in...
- Travel Segment Challenged As Frommer's Goes on Auction Block. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the business performance of John Wiley & Sons Inc.' Frommer's travel brand which is up for sale as the company believes that the brand no longer aligns with their long-term business strategy.
- SONS IN THE KEY OF LIFE. Dudman, Jane // Information World Review;Jul/Aug2005, Issue 215, p14
Reveals the business plans of John Wiley & Sons according to John Jarvis, managing director of Wiley UK and senior vice president of Wiley Europe. Specialty areas of the business; Work history of Jarvis; Challenges of the company's digitization program. INSET: TIMELINE: JOHN WILEY & SONS.
- Wiley, U. of Texas Pilot Digital Textbook Solution. // Educational Marketer;10/27/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on the digital textbook pilot program created by John Wiley & Sons Inc. and the University of Texas featuring a software licensing model that is different than the traditional college textbook sales process. The e-text initiative will begin on the Austin campus in spring 2009...