Market Opportunity Rises, Industry Landscape Shifts
- Bush, Democrats Face Education Spending Showdown. Klein, Alyson // Education Week;10/24/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p24
The article focuses on government spending for federal education programs in the U.S., which is a point of contention between President George W. Bush and Congress that may effect the reauthorization of the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB). Bush is concerned because both the House of...
- 2008 Ed Budget Increases Title I, Cuts Reading First. // Electronic Education Report;1/14/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush signed the spending bill which would increase the education budget for the 2008 Title I School Improvement Grants. It states that the bill would increase the budget for low-achieving children in high-poverty areas from 12.8 billion dollars...
- No Child Left Behind, Version 2.0. Fletcher, Geoffrey H. // T H E Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p38
The author reflects on issues related to the recommendation by U.S. President George W. Bush to zero out Title II-D of No Child Left Behind, Enhancing Education Through Technology (EETT). According to the author, the lack of support for EETT may be due to the difficulty in explaining what it is...
- Fighting Words. Krueger, Keth // Tech & Learning;Mar2006, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p7
The article presents a series of reactions on the proposed elimination of the federal Enhancing Education Through Technology program in the U.S. According to Donald G. Knezek, CEO of International Society for Technology in Education said that the importance given to math and science skill by...
- Remarks Following a Meeting on the No Child Left Behind Act Reauthorization. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/16/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p446
The article presents the text of U.S. President George W. Bush's remarks following a meeting on the reauthorization of the No Child Left Behind Act on April 12, 2007. He explains why the act should be reauthorized. He condemns the achievement gap that exists in the U.S. He comments on the...
- Remarks on the No Child Left Behind Act in New York City. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/1/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p1253
This article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush, delivered on September 26, 2007 in New York City, in which he discussed about the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Remarks on the No Child Left Behind Act in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/12/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p22
This section presents the text of a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush on the No Child Left Behind Act, delivered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on January 8, 2009.
- Obama Calls for Major Change in Education Law. Dillon, Sam // Tennessee Tribune;3/25/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p11A
The article reports that President Barack Obama's administration called for the overhaul of former President George W. Bush's No Child Left Behind Law in the U.S.
- Remarks Honoring the 2007 National and State Teachers of the Year. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/30/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 17, p527
The article presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush honoring the 2007 National and State Teachers of the Year. He says the ceremony is a chance to pay homage to some public servants and explains the importance of the No Child Left Behind Act. He also recognizes the teachers at...