The Impact of Aging on Retirement Income Decision Making
- PSNC 2015: What Participants Really Want. Manganaro, John // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p84
The article presents the findings of the PLANSPONSOR Participant Survey on the research-supported insights on the decision making of retirement plan participants in the U.S. in 2015. The survey shows the confidence of individuals for secured retirement, the danger of overconfidence, mild...
- Making Sense Out of Variable Spending Strategies for Retirees. Pfau, Wade D. // Benefits Magazine;Feb2016, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p51
The article focuses on the spending strategies for retirees such as the decision rule method and actuarial method.
- Is the 4 Percent Rule Too Low or Too High? Pfau, Wade D. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p28
The author considers whether standard rule of annually withdrawing no more than 4% of one's assets during retirement is too strict or too liberal. He notes that tax considerations and uncertainty concerning investment performance could indicate that 4% is too high. Conversely, the availability...
- Millennials Could Face Late Retirement. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2015, p77
The article discusses the impact of several factors to the retirement age of the retirees in the U.S. including the increase of student loan debt, financial management and apartment or housing rents in the U.S.
- The parent trap â€” balancing the cost of aging parents. Preston, Margaret // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/6/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p12
The article offers information on how to prepare for the financial issue of caring for aging relatives including consultation to financial advisers and the creation of a network of advisers.
- Advisers mixed on income allocation. Shidler, Lisa // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p19
The article discusses the report "Advisor Best Practices: Delivering Retirement Income and Transition Support," by Gallant Distribution Consulting and Practical Perspectives LLC, on financial advisers' ways to manage retirement income distributions to build retirement portfolios. The report...
- Property is a drag. Henderson, Sam // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2015, Issue 182, p65
The article offers suggestion on retirement investment in Australia and states that property is far less reliable than shares. It suggests retirees with undiversified assets not to own an investment property in retirement. It advises investing in share market instead of investing in term...
- Using the Personal Residence for Retirement Income. Allen Jr., James R. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jul2015, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p71
For many retirees and preretirees, equity in their personal residence is the largest (or at least a substantial) portion of their total wealth. In addition to its being a significant financial asset, deciding what to do with the family home carries extensive emotional impact for the client. This...
- Many Retirement Savers Missed 2013 Gains. Manganaro, John // Plan Sponsor News;2014, p86
The article discusses the results of a research analysis conducted by American financial services company Putnam Investments Co. reviewing the income replacement project data and market surges due to low equity allocations in the U.S. The analysis has described the number of retirement investing...