Can Taxes Save Dollar-Cost Averaging?
- Q&A. // DRIP Investor;May2001, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p3
Presents a question and answer advisory on investments in the United States. Issues on dollar-cost averaging; Business ventures; Questions of on the stock of Lucent.
- Lump Sums Take Their Lumps. Israelsen, Craig L. // Financial Planning;Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p51
Contends that lump-sum investing does not always yield superior returns over dollar-cost averaging. Discussion on common the notion that lump-sum investing yields to higher returns than dollar-cost averaging; Illustration to prove that the notion is not true.
- LUMP SUM BEATS DOLLAR-COST AVERAGING. Williams, Richard E.; Bacon, Peter W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr93, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p64
This article compares the annualized returns from various dollar-cost averaging strategies with those produced by lump-sum investing from 1926 to 1991. For all time periods and averaging strategies investigated, lump-sum investing produced superior returns to dollar-cost averaging, and in all...
- Within-horizon exposure to loss for dollar cost averaging and lump sum investing. Trainor Jr., William J. // Financial Services Review;Winter2005, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p319
Based on a statistic known as "first-passage time probability" that accounts for exposure to loss during the entire investment horizon, it is shown that dollar cost averaging relative to lump sum investing can significantly reduce the probability, magnitude, and duration of enduring a large...
- Getting back to basics. Brown, Carolyn M.; Dunagan, Pierre // Black Enterprise;Feb1993, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p55
Discusses investing and focuses on the benefits of getting back to basics. Dollar-cost averaging and how it works; The ease of dollar-cost averaging; Investing in stock through company-sponsored stock purchases; The National Association of Investors Corp. and the Low Cost Investment Plan; More.
- Kick into gear now. Willis, C. // Money;Jan1991, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p112
Describes the dollar-cost average strategy, which is a simple and ideal way to invest in a recession. Benefits of dollar-cost averaging; Small-company funds; Growth funds; Total-return funds. INSET: How investing every month beat the odds in the last recession....
- New studies cast doubt on an old investing tactic. O'Connell, Vanessa // Money;Aug1993, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on two studies which suggest that dollar-cost averaging can be costly if you have a pension payout of other lump sum to invest. Analysis by Cincinnati investment adviser James Gore; Advice from Sheldon Jacobs, editor of the `No-Load Fund Investor'; More.
- Avoiding problems of dollar-cost averaging. Weaver, Peter // Nation's Business;Dec92, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p72
Gives advice on the investment strategy known as dollar-cost averaging. How it works; Common problems with the system; Tips on avoiding them.
- Pick up the pace, pick up the profits? Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Dec97, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p99
Analyzes the strategy of dollar-cost averaging and its implications to the proper investment of money in the United States. Concept of dollar-cost averaging; Availability of client's funds; Possibility of profit in dollar-cost averaging despite volatile markets.