Succession Planning Across Generations
- Equity partnerships. STROM, CHERYL // Smart Business Cleveland;Apr2014, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
The author discusses issues on succession planning. She states that entrepreneurs often put succession planning on hold because it warrants major changes in the company. She also shares the do's and don'ts in planning ownership changes such as not waiting for retirement, selling a portion of...
- Helping Small Business: Take the Lead in Client's Plans. Barack, Lauren // Financial-planning.com;11/2/2015, p15
The article offers information on the help made by financial planners to small business owners which include helping business owners value their business, address succession planning tax issues, and plan for their retirement.
- A Time To Sell? MILLER, CAROL // Today's Garden Center;Jun2014, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics that include the transfer of power from fathers to their children and advices on the sale of retail stores particularly on money practices.
- Succession Planning: Thoughts on Creating, Protecting and Realizing Business Value with Your Practice. Goad, David // Journal of Financial Planning;May2007 Supplement, Vol. 20, p14
The article discusses succession planning in the financial planning industry. The author presents reasons for the rift he perceives in succession planning in the industry. He notes that financial planning is a new profession and veteran planners have little to no business value to extract at...
- Exit Strategies. McKimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p31
The article provides information regarding the exit strategies for a smooth transfer of a family business among business owners before retirement. The first thing to consider was to determine the worth of a particular business. According to a vice president and private client advisor Lisa...
- Succession Planning: A NexGenner's Perspective. Pitzl, Joe // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p30
The article discusses succession planning in the financial-planning industry from the perspective of a young planner. The author notes that members of his generation are more loyal to causes and issues than people, and will choose to work for planning firms that reflect their values. He believes...
- Follow the Money. Herbers, Angie // Investment Advisor;Jul2013, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p43
The article offers the author's insights on how financial advisors can create and implement succession plans. The author says that financial advisors should encourage their clients to bring experts as third party who can provide opinion to several issues related to succession planning like...
- Helping Business Owners with Succession Planning. Kess, Sidney; Mendlowitz, Edward // CPA Journal;Aug2015, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p76
The article offers a guide for business owners on succession planning, focusing on the role of the certified public accountant (CPA) financial planner. It notes that a succession plan involves the sale or transfer of the business to the next generation of owners, whether relatives or younger...
- Lifestyle or transferable: which business are you building, and why it matters. Ross-Hanson, Dyanne // Upsize Minnesota;Oct/Nov2014, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p1
The article tackles various issues related to transferring or sale of private businesses in the U.S. as of October 2014 with regard to the factors contributing to the trend, preparations for selling, and examination of business metrics.