Fade To Black
- Peabody Eyes China. // Coal International;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p216
The article focuses on the search of Peabody Energy for coal trading and coal mine investment opportunities in China. 70% of China's total energy consumption is made up of coal. The company plans to forge partnerships with Chinese local coal firms instead of acquiring coal mines. It also intends...
- Peabody Energy terminated sale agreement with Bentley Resources for the Wilkie Creek coal mine in Queensland. // World Mining News;8/28/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- Peabody Energy Announces President's Awards For Company's Safest Mines. // Coal Age;Jun2003, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p14
Announces the awards to be given to the Big Sky mine in Montana and Federal No. 2 mine in West Virginia of Peabody Energy. Number of accidents registered by the two mines; Total coal production output in a year; Factors that contributed to the decision to give the awards.
- NORTH ANTELOPE ROCHELLE SHIPS RECORD LEVELS. // Coal Age;Sep2003, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the amount of coal shipped at the North Antelope Rochelle mine of Peabody Energy in May 2003. Record made by the mine in North America; Reason for the strong coal shipments.
- ON THE ISSUE OF TAKING INTO ACCOUNT OF THE SPECIFIC FEATURES OF COAL ENTERPRISES IN THE STRATEGIC PLANNING OF THEIR DEVELOPMENT. Melnykov, A. M.; Pavlenko, O. V. // Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University;2012, Issue 6, p140
Purpose. To develop classification of specific factors of the internal environment of coal enterprises at the stage of strategic planning of their development. Methodology. Te research has been carried out by means of the system and logic analysis of influence of natural industry factors of the...
- CONSOL Energy Sells High-Vol Coking Coal to China. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 211 Issue 1, p20
The article offers news briefs related to the coal mining industry's events in different countries. It mentions the approval of Metropolitan mine's expansion by Peabody Energy Corp. in New South Wales. It notes the signing of a long-term contract between HMS Bergbau AG with an Indonesian coal...
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // Coal International;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the tentative agreement reached by Peabody Energy Corp. with RAG Coal International AG to purchase coal assets and an interest in a coal operation in Venezuela. Capacity of both coal mines; Percentage of RAG interest in the Venezuela mine involved in the agreement.
- Peabody Energy and Shenhua Sign MOU. // China Chemical Reporter;5/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p8
The article reports that Peabody Energy Corp. and Shenhua Group Corp. have signed a memorandum of understanding for the pursuance of business opportunities that would benefit both the companies. as per the agreement, the to companies will work together in coal and coal-related activities....
- Beyond Horizon: Peabody Acquires Three Former Horizon Mines in the Illinois Basin. Buchsbaum, Lee // Coal Age;May2005, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the acquisition of Horizon Natural Resources Illinois Basin mines from Lexington Coal Co. by Peabody Energy on March 18, 2005. Indication of the acquisition; Plans of Peabody for the mines; Factors that contributed to the growth of the coal industry in the region.