Fade To Black
- Peabody Eyes China. // Coal International;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p216
The article focuses on the search of Peabody Energy for coal trading and coal mine investment opportunities in China. 70% of China's total energy consumption is made up of coal. The company plans to forge partnerships with Chinese local coal firms instead of acquiring coal mines. It also intends...
- Peabody Energy terminated sale agreement with Bentley Resources for the Wilkie Creek coal mine in Queensland. // World Mining News;8/28/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- Peabody Energy Announces President's Awards For Company's Safest Mines. // Coal Age;Jun2003, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p14
Announces the awards to be given to the Big Sky mine in Montana and Federal No. 2 mine in West Virginia of Peabody Energy. Number of accidents registered by the two mines; Total coal production output in a year; Factors that contributed to the decision to give the awards.
- NORTH ANTELOPE ROCHELLE SHIPS RECORD LEVELS. // Coal Age;Sep2003, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the amount of coal shipped at the North Antelope Rochelle mine of Peabody Energy in May 2003. Record made by the mine in North America; Reason for the strong coal shipments.
- ON THE ISSUE OF TAKING INTO ACCOUNT OF THE SPECIFIC FEATURES OF COAL ENTERPRISES IN THE STRATEGIC PLANNING OF THEIR DEVELOPMENT. Melnykov, A. M.; Pavlenko, O. V. // Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University;2012, Issue 6, p140
Purpose. To develop classification of specific factors of the internal environment of coal enterprises at the stage of strategic planning of their development. Methodology. Te research has been carried out by means of the system and logic analysis of influence of natural industry factors of the...
- Peabody announces long-term supply agreement and new mine in Indiana. // Mining Engineering;Apr2009, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the long-term coal supply agreement signed by Peabody Energy, a private sector coal company. The deal would enable Peabody Energy to move forward with its development of the Bear Run Mine located in Sullivan County, Indiana. Under the agreement, Peabody will supply coal to...
- WORLD NEWS ####. // Coal Age;Feb2010, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p7
The article offers world news briefs related to the coal industry. Consol Energy Inc. has stopped the sale of five vessels of coking coal from its Bailey and Blacksville mines headed towards Asia. Peabody Energy Corp. has given the approval for expanding and upgrading the Metropolitan mine in...
- WORLD NEWS. // Coal Age;May2006, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p9
Presents news briefs on the coal industry. Memorandum of understanding signed by Shenhua Group Corp. Ltd. and Peabody Energy to pursue business development opportunities; Impact of the opening of the Minerva Coal mine in the Bowen Basin in Queensland on the coal industry in the region; Plan of...
- CONSOL Energy Sells High-Vol Coking Coal to China. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 211 Issue 1, p20
The article offers news briefs related to the coal mining industry's events in different countries. It mentions the approval of Metropolitan mine's expansion by Peabody Energy Corp. in New South Wales. It notes the signing of a long-term contract between HMS Bergbau AG with an Indonesian coal...