- A New Game in Tech. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/9/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p34
Reports on the preparation of technology banking activity by Wall Street in New York City. Commitment of Deutsch Bank in landing a growing number of deals; Concentration of Goldman Sachs & Co. on merger and acaquisition opportuinities; Allegations that Frank Quatrrone spins shares in coveted...
- Glencore IPO launches in London and Hong Kong. // In-House Perspective;Jul2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Glencore International AG has launched its initial public offering (IPO) in Hong Kong, China and in London, England.
- China's Middle Market Takes New Route to US. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/21/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 33, p7
The article reports on the increase of reverse merger in China. The reverse merger involves a private company buying an already publicly traded entity, merging the two businesses, and thus obtaining a public stock float. The Chinese companies using this tactic to gain access to U.S. markets. The...
- Untitled. Horne, Suzie // Farmers Weekly;3/9/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p33
The article reports an increase in profits posted by mining, minerals, energy and commodities giant Glencore in 2011 with adjusted earnings before interest and tax of almost 5.4 billion U.S. dollars.
- Studio eyes epic future. // Daily Variety;7/20/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that Legendary Entertainment established growth strategies in 2012. It says that Legendary is planning for additional acquisitions after the purchased of Nerdist Industries. It states that if the initial public offering (IPO) happens, Legendary would be the first major...
- Hot commodity and last hurrah. // Credit Management;Jul2011, p31
The article reports that commodities trader Glencore International AG's initial public offering (IPO) was the biggest move seen on the London, England market which raised over 10 billion U.S. dollars but some analysts think it may have been the last for the commodities market.
- Company pays $100 million to boost funding. Limbacher, Patricia B. // Pensions & Investments;4/15/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
Reports that Ravenswood Aluminum Company has contributed $100 million to its two pension plans to enable Glencore International Company of Switzerland, its parent company to go public. Location of Ravenswood; How the money will be contributed; Data from Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation on...
- Blues clues. Versel, Neil // Modern Physician;Jun2001, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the financial status of Blue Cross and Blue Shield operators. Details on the profit margins of Blue Cross; Acquisition of Cerulean Cos., parent of Blue Cross and Blue shield of Georgia, by WellPoint Health Networks; Plans of other Blues operators to go public; Expansion plans of...
- Facebook's Future: Clues from the Past. STEIN, ROBERT // Moderate Voice;5/21/2012, p7
The author discusses the issue on the initial public offering (IPO) of Facebook Inc. with a valuation of 105 billion dollars that triggered media ghosts to raise questions on how to turn the attention of millions into profit from advertisers. He compares such subject with the merger of AOL Inc....