Survey Reveals Lack of Diversity in A/E/P, Environmental Firms
- Evaluating Competencies of Diversity Consultants and Trainers. Cross, Elsie Y. // Diversity Factor;Spring2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p3
Evaluates competencies of diversity consultants and trainers. Work profile of diversity consultants and trainers; Intervention strategies that are needed to become a diversity consultant; Educational and professional competencies needed for becoming diversity consultant.
- Engineering services north of the border. Wasny, Garrett // World Trade;Jan98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the consulting-engineering industry in Canada. Broad categories of the industry; Two project types of turnkey services; Canadian market for sustainable development and environmental projects. INSETS: Did you know?;U.S.-Canada datebook: January 1998.
- Finding rich pickings in niche markets. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/28/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p26
Highlights the operations of Dutch consulting and engineering firms in the Middle East and North Africa. Dutch expertise in the oil and gas industry; Hydraulic engineering, land reclamation and port design and construction; Dutch dredging companies' extensive experience of working overseas; Key...
- This week's poll: diversity. // Engineer (Online Edition);9/30/2014, p2
The article presents a poll to determine the views of companies in the engineering sector on the issue of diversity.
- Multicultural diversity at work: The employment prospects of the asylum seekers in Slovenia. Grosek, Nina // Anthropological Notebooks;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p75
The article focuses on a study that assessed the interest of Slovenian companies in cooperating in programs that encourage multicultural diversity at work and their awareness of asylum seekers' rights. Eighty percent of the companies surveyed believe that all people in Slovenia who have official...
- The Case for Diversity. // Nonprofit World;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p24
The article focuses on building diversity in an organization. Emphasizing diversity is a practical choice, based on rapidly evolving U.S. demographics. Recognizing the opportunity, nonprofits are spearheading mandates for multicultural workforces and emerging market strategies. Census...
- Change for the better. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Columbus;Apr2009, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses the professional way of selecting prospective employees without any discrimination. The author notes the relevance of diversity in a workplace and its positive impact to the market. He highlights the survey revealing that there are 62% of chief executive officers have...
- reader poll 36%. // Working Mother;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p14
The article discusses a reader survey by the periodical that reveals that 36% of survey respondents claim that their social circle is more diverse compared with their workplace. Readers of the magazine are urged to participate in the periodical's online surveys that can be found at...
- The tyranny of `The Other'. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce;Dec98, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p4
Explains why organizational diversity programs fail. Discussion on fear; Negative attitudes that should be discouraged.