Practice development news
- Small means big. Bridgeforth, Art // Crain's Detroit Business;01/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on the accounting-software system of FRC Consulting Incorporated. Information on FRC; Comments from John Silvani, founder and president of FRC; Reference to the company's revenue for 1996.
- PPC: The Internet Is One Key. // Accounting Technology;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 18, p20
Focuses on the Web-based Personal Financial Center of Practitioners Publishing Co. Delivery of financial planning services for accounting professionals; Response to the impact of the Internet trends on the work of accountants; Reduction of the amount of in-office hardware to Internet devices.
- Fraud and SOX 404 classes are in high demand in CPE. Fineberg, Seth // Accounting Today;3/15/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on the developments in the accounting community in the U.S. Impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Section 404 and Statement on Auditing Standards on the demand for certified public accountants (CPA); Remarks from Winfred Paschall of Practitioners Publishing Co. on approaches in training...
- PPC acquires Boomer Cosulting, Inc. // CPA Journal;Jul97, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the acquisition of Boomer Consulting Incorporated (BCI) of Manhattan, Kansas, by the Practitioners Publishing Company (PPC). Business nature of the two companies; Ways the BCI helps business firms; Significance of the acquisition; Comments of John Clay of PPC, regarding the acquisition.
- Challenges for Your Clients; Opportunities for Your Practice. Crutchfield, Ken // Accounting Today;12/17/2007 Small Business Service, Vol. 21, p8
The article offers tips for small business service providers on ways to diversify and grow their practice. Smaller entities are particularly vulnerable to internal control deficiencies and often need help performing tasks such as addressing complex accounting transactions and preparing financial...
- PPC buys Boomer Consulting. // Accounting Technology;Jul97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p8
Reports that Practitioners Publishing Co. has acquired Boomer Consulting, which provides computer consulting to accounting firms. Terms of acquisition; Potential for a partnership with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Tax and financial planning news. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p14
Reports on developments related to software companies servicing accounting firms in the United States as of January 2000. Includes Micro Vision Software's alliance with LM Financial; Tax Compliance's posting of tax information in its Web site; Practitioners Publishing Co.'s launch of its PPC...
- Consolidation benefits trial balance software. Schulz, Wayne // Accounting Today;7/7/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p26
Reviews several accounting balance software. CaseWare Working Papers from CaseWare International; GoSystem Audit, GoSystem Fund and Trial Balance from Creative Solutions Inc.; PPC--Engagement anager by Practitioners Publishing Co.
- AUDIT-RISK ASSESSMENT TOOLS. // Practical Accountant;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p18
The article reports on the newly released guides from Thomson Tax & Accounting Group and the Practitioners Publishing Co. (PPC) which are called PPC's SMART e-Practice Aids and PPC's Guide to Audit Risk Assessment in the U.S. The e-Practice Aids provide customized audit programs based on risk...