Internet usage soars
- Do CAs need access to the Internet? // CA Magazine;Aug95, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p9
Presents three accountants' views on accounting and access to the Internet. Katherine Letourneau; Louis Benoit; Jean-Pierre Morissette.
- Net recoveries. Sheehy, Don; Trites, Gerald // CA Magazine;May96, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p49
Presents a guide for fast retrieval of information for accountants using the Internet. How to tell whether a Web site is useful; Steps used for accessing the Internet; List of sites that can be useful to chartered accountants; Main attraction of the Internet. INSET: Internet Web sites for...
- The Internet: A world of opportunity for accountants. Chau, Chak-Tong // National Public Accountant;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p22
Looks at business opportunities on the Internet for accountants. Access to commercial online services; Connection to Internet sites; Information available on the Internet; Selected sites of interest to accountants.
- Changing for the Better. Price, J. Clarke // Ohio CPA Journal;Jul-Sep2000, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the changes in the accounting profession. Change in the implementation of the vision process; Impact of the Internet on the profession; Details on the plan to create an electronic community for the profession.
- Internet: Expanding the boundaries of research. Demery, Paul // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the use of the Internet as a research tool in accounting. Addition of value to client service through Net-based research; Modification of searches by dates by search engines such as Yahoo, Lycos and Alta Vista; Discussion of subject categories in search engines including The Practical...
- The time is now. // Accounting Technology;Sep99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, pSR-4
Reports on the survey of United States accountants' use of the Internet in their profession conducted by Louis Harris Associates in 1996. Business usage; Expense to clients; Web-based commerce; Marketing services by establishing Web presence.
- Internet Business Info. // Practical Accountant;Apr2000, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p26
Reports that companies are using the Internet to report all kinds of information about themselves, according to the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Finance Professional Predict Surge in Web Services Investment. Wetlaufer, Mark R. // Credit Control;2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6/7/8, p23
Reports on the results of a survey which reveals that accounting and finance professionals in Great Britain are the first to embrace Web services technology. Percentage of companies planning to investing in Internet technology; Considerations in adopting Web services technology.
- Growing Information. // Practical Accountant;May2003, Vol. 36 Issue 5, pSR-4
Focuses on the importance of Internet services in the accounting industry. Improvement on the quality of service; Availability of research materials.