The accounting technologist
- the ABCs of Certification Selection. DeFelice, Alexandra // Accounting Technology;Dec2006, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p24
The article focuses on the views of executives Louis Gutberlet and Brent Goodfellow on the significance of certification selection in the computer software industry in the U.S. It was stated that the ability of a company to attain certification offers clients greater confidence to rely on that...
- Attention employers! Franks, Geof // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p1
Editorial. Deals with employment trends of accounting technicians in New Zealand. Opportunities and responsibilities; Job description; Job sectors for accounting technicians.
- Ease of entry? Akler, Howard // CA Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p20
Examines the prospects of accounting graduates in Canada. Constriction of entry-level opportunities; Number of new hires the top six accounting firms would recruit; Search by firms of candidates with broader range of skills; Need for business advisers; Promotion; Career path; Search for a...
- Held accountable. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/23/95, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p13
Advises entrepreneurs to hire accountants. Interview with White Plains, New York-based accountant Philip J. Messing; Messing's specialization in small business; Hourly rate for accountants in Westchester County, New York.
- Job market for accounting grads improving, but competitive. Gaetano, Chris // Trusted Professional;5/1/2011, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p17
The article offers information on the increasing, but more competitive, job opportunities for accounting graduates in the U.S.
- After the exams, where next? Herrmannsen, Chris // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Oct94, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p59
Reports on the employment opportunities for accountants in Great Britain. Comparison between employment opportunities in the 1980s and 1990s; Sectoral demands for accountants; Employers' expectations.
- CPA Job Bank: Searching for the right key. // Practical Accountant;Aug95, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p6
Reports that there are more jobs available in finance and accounting but employers are willing to wait for up to six months for the best applicant. Contact information for the CPA Job Bank.
- Accountants abroad. Chu, Lily // CMA Magazine;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on employment areas for accountants interested in entering the competitive international market. Need for marketable and transferable skills; Job opportunities abroad; Mental preparation; Technical requirements; Understanding the terms of employment before accepting the contract; Tax...
- The rush begins to find tax season temps. Clolery, Paul // Practical Accountant;Dec94, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p43
Focuses on accounting firms' hiring of temporary accountants during tax seasons in the United States. Means used by accounting firms in hiring temporary employees; Employment agencies; Part-timers; Required abilities.