Product cutting: Goat cheese (chevre)
- Cheese Whiz. Bryant, Sydnee // Avenue: Edmonton;Jul2013, p38
The article reports on the role of goat cheese as tasty alternative for lactose intolerant people. It mentions several cooks who use local goat cheeses since they provide their dishes with own identity and sense of place. It also mentions the complexities associated with processing goat cheese...
- Are ewe kidding? // Australian Gourmet Traveller;May2008, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p68
The article provides information on Sardinian cheeses. Sardinia produces 70 per cent of Italy's ewe's milk cheese. It is known for its hard-cooked pecorino cheeses, but many small farms produce a variety of cheeses for private consumption that are rarely seen on the mainland. Callu de cabreddu...
- spring release. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Sep2003, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p45
Provides information on various handmade farm cheeses in Australia that are being made, ideally, during spring time. Features of the spring season that favor cheesemaking in the country; Facts about goat's milk cheeses; Characterization of fresh cow's milk cheeses.
- get fresh. Studd, Will // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Jan2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p35
Provides information on different kinds of cheese. Information on curd cheeses; Texture of cottage cheese; Creaminess and acidity of fromage frais; Characteristics of cheeses made from goat's milk.
- GOAT CHEESE WITH EDIBLE FLOWERS. Byrne, Lisa // Gourmet Retailer;May2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p126
The Pescadero, California-based cheese manufacturer Harley Farms Goat Cheese's Goat Cheese Edible Flowers is great in quality with great cheese case.
- MONTCHEVRE-BETIN INC. // Gourmet Retailer;Jul2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p132
Rolling Hills, California-based Montchevre-Betin Inc. will introduce Darsonval, a new semisoft washed-rind goat cheese. Offering a sharp goat cheese flavor and a smooth texture, Darsonval is ideal on a traditional cheese tray with fruits or French bread.
- On the market. Bignold, Dan // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/8/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4318, p40
Presents several cheese varieties. Retail price of the Dorstone goats' cheese made by Charlie Westhead of Neal's Yard Creamery; Origin of the name chosen by Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses for its Blacksticks Blue cheese; Composition of the Gouda-style Penbryn Organic Cheese from Alison Grooms.
- Characterization of Maltese goat milk cheese flavour using SPME-GC/MS. Chiofalo, B.; Zumbo, A.; Costa, R.; Liotta, L.; Mondello, L.; Dugo, P.; Chiofalo, V. // South African Journal of Animal Science;2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p176
The effect of lactation on the flavour of cheese made with raw milk of Maltese goats bred in Sicily (Italy) was studied. The goat cheese flavour was analyzed for the first time by Solid Phase Microextraction (SPME) coupled with Gas chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS). The suitability of the...
- Effect of six months prolonged frozen-storage on changes in organic acid composition of plain soft goat milk cheese. Park, Y. W.; Lee, J. H.; Arora, K. L. // South African Journal of Animal Science;2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p181
Feasibility of prolonged frozen-storage of goat milk cheeses is extremely important for profitability and sustainability of the dairy goat industry. Extended frozen-storage can be detrimental to the cheese texture and flavour compounds including organic acids. The study was conducted to evaluate...