Strong Growth For Regional Contractors
- Contractors Sustain Strong Growth. // FoodService Director;3/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p66
The article presents statistical data on food service contractors in the U.S. Revenue at 50 contract management firms participating in the annual contract census of FoodService Director grew 6.1% in 2006. Parkhurst Dining, which registered a 21.8% growth in 2005, continued its revenue growth in...
- Survey: Consumers Support Government Action For Healthful Eating. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;3/11/2013, p19
The article focuses on the findings of a survey conducted by Harvard's School of Public Health which revealed the support of consumers in the U.S. to most government actions aimed at convincing them to lead a healthier lifestyle. It also cites the policies adopted by health departments and...
- Going Trans Fat-Free. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
The article presents suggestions from foodservice director Greg Kalina for operators on eliminating trans fats from all cafeteria menu items. The bosses, superintendent and foodservice managers should be encouraged to support the elimination. Every menu items must be checked to determine which...
- CUTTING THE FAT. // Foodservice & Hospitality;May2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the plan of foodservice operators to restrict trans fat in prepared foods at restaurants and cafeterias in British Columbia. It states that foodservice operators will limit trans fat to less than two percent of total fat content in oils and spreadable margarines, and up to...
- Footloose and Trans Fat-Free. // FoodService Director;3/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p26
The article presents information from the Menu Development Study, conducted by "FoodService Director" magazine. One of the operations to eliminate trans fat is the cafeteria at the Government Printing Office in Washington, D.C., operated by Fame Food Management. In addition to switching to zero...
- Trans Fats Make the Label. // Current Health 2;Jan2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p2
Provides information on the presence of trans fats in food.
- Trans fat. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;May1998, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p7
Presents information on trans fatty acids, a type of fat found in margarine and processed and fast foods. Harmful effects of trans fatty acids; Composition fats; Effects of trans fatty acids on the cardiovascular system; How to limit consumption of trans fatty acids; Comparison of butter and...
- Erratum: Metabolic Implications of Dietary Trans-fatty Acids. Dorfman, Suzanne E.; Laurent, Didier; Gounarides, John S.; Li, Xue; Mullarkey, Tara L.; Rocheford, Erik C.; Sari-Sarraf, Farid; Hirsch, Erica A.; Hughes, Thomas E.; Commerford, S. Renee // Obesity (19307381);Jul2009, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1474
A correction to the article "Metabolic Implications of Dietary Trans-fatty Acids," by Suzanne E. Dorfman, Didier Laurent and John S. Gounarides et al in an issue of "Obesity."
- Trans action. // Better Homes & Gardens;May2011, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p218
The article reports that a paper from "The American Journal of Health Promotion" has revealed that consumers could be consuming more trans fat than they realize.