- Choosing a Dining Service. // Choosing a Dining Service -- FIW;2010, p1
The article presents a report concerning the food industry focusing on the factors to be considered in selecting a dining service and the demand for environmentally friendly and healthier dining businesses in the U.S. It mentions that green dining services are those that incorporate more local...
- The Goldies: Going Green. // FoodService Director;7/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the inclusion of the University of California, Santa Cruz's sustainability programs into its Chancellor's Undergraduate Internship program.
- Bright ideas to improve your business. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p36
Presents six proven strategies school food service directors (FSDs) can use to maximize use of their resources, develop their employees and streamline their organizations. Includes building relationships between foodservice staff and students; Encouraging employees' professional involvement...
- Runs Downtown Restaurant, Too: Knoxville, TN, Schools Feed Community Groups. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the food service management at the Knox County School District in Tennessee. How the district operates; Evening meals provided by the district; How the district runs a downtown restaurant; Menus offered in the restaurant.
- What to Know: ACAP mtg. explores campus cash-ops. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p14
Offers pieces of advice on designing or remodeling a campus foodservice facility. Primary considerations; Steps involved in developing the operation; Significance of customer relations to the success of the business; How to ensure faster services.
- `The key is to make gradual recipe changes'. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p9s
Reports on the application of gradual changes approach in changing recipes toward healthier foods for school food services in the United States. Enhancement of student-acceptance; Changes not recognized by students; Proposals for changing recipes; Promotion of vegetables by prepackaging for...
- Leading School FS into the Future. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p26
Reports on how Donna Wittrock, executive director of food and nutrition services for the Denver Public Schools in Colorado, improved the school system's food service. Restructuring of the school's food service department; Improvements in school food offerings; Major accomplishments.
- PLUS SHIFT TO PREPARED FOODS: Branding, a la carte sales help Tenn. district build revenue. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p50
Reports on the changes in foodservice management in Nashville-Davidson County Metropolitan Public Schools in Tennessee. Factors considered in implementing the changes; Menu options at the high school levels; Way of offsetting labor shortages in the district.
- MENU BRANDING IN SCHOOLS: Achieving brand balance. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p66
Asserts that balancing brands is the way to be successful in school food service. Its enhancement of dining arena; Cost savings; Increased participation of students.