Tax prep online
- Electronic federal tax payment system (EFTPS) update. Berger, Stewart; Morris, Edwin B. // CPA Journal;Nov96, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p71
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service imposed electronic Federal tax payments of employment taxes for the calendar year 1995. Penalties for failure to comply with the requirement; Methods of paying the taxes electronically; Use of ACH Debit and ACH Credit methods.
- EFTPS now operational. // National Public Accountant;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p58
Reports on the implementation of the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) requiring small businesses to file taxes electronically by July 1, 1997. US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) information campaign for EFTPS; Penalty for businesses that do not comply with EFTPS.
- Computers in tax practice--it's a two-way street. Brown, Kenneth C. // Outlook;Spring90, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p74
Comments on the use of computers by tax authorities in California for tax procedures. Franchise Tax Board's introduction of a program in which it utilized computerized payroll information to recompute the California Individual Retirement Account deductions of taxpayers; Improvement of tax...
- Electronic tax administration. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec1998, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p45
Updates on the status of electronic tax administration in Ireland. Inclusion in the objectives in the `Revenue's Statement of Strategy 1997-99'; Use of electronic methods to improve collection and dissemination of data and information.
- Quicken TurboTax Deluxe. Pack, Thomas // Link-Up;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on Intuit Inc.'s Quicken TurboTax Deluxe, a tax-preparation software package. Features of TurboTax; Ways to complete a tax return using the software; Firms expected to support TurboTax's Automated Tax Return feature; System requirements of the software; Cost of the software at Amazon.com.
- Computers & taxes. Lamarre, Leslie // Outlook;Spring90, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the use of computers by certified public accountants in tax preparation. History of computerized tax processing; Benefits of computerized tax preparation to accountants and clients; Introduction of affordable computer systems and software programs.
- Electronic tax filing: How is it working? Srinivasan, S.; Walter, Richard M. // National Public Accountant;Apr95, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p22
Discusses electronic tax filing (ETF) or Electronic Filing System (EFS). Growth of ETF; Benefits of EFS to the practitioner; Benefits to taxpayers; Benefits to the Internal Revenue Service; Form 1040PC; Electronic data interchange.
- Intuit paid big bucks for SecureTax. // Accounting Technology;Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p16
Reports on Intuit Inc.'s acquisition of SecureTax.com Inc., a Web-based consumer tax preparation site, from Universal Tax Systems Inc. Worth of the transaction; Intuit's merger of SecureTax with its WebTurboTax unit; tax returns filed via SecureTax in 1998.
- Don't fret over Web tax prep. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Jul97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on Internet-based tax preparation in the United States. Tax software vendors' decision to offer forms on the Web; Alternative to the traditional method of tax filing; SecureTax service from Universal Tax Systems; Details of the services provided by Intuit Inc. and Drake Software.