E-commerce gets serious
- A case for P2P. Hannaford, Frank J. // eWeek;03/26/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p44
Distinguishes between 'traditional' and 'Web computing' peer-to-peer (P2P) models. Ventures that exemplify the P2P Web computing model; Business rationale for Web computing P2P.
- Of big enchiladas and some small steps forward. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;06/11/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p34
Highlights the benefits of an all-industry Online exchange in the United States. Potential of the Web to merge a buck automating the transactions; Concept of an electronic marketplace; Advantage of the Internet-enabled electronic data interchange.
- Emory Healthcare Selects XactiMed's Revenue Cycle Solution. // Journal of Cardiovascular Management;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the decision of XactiMed that Emory Hospitals and Wesley Woods Center to select XactiMed as their electronic claims processing and claims management vendor in the U.S. Projection of the result of XactiMed's solution on accelerating the hospitals billing cycle; Company profile of...
- Online payment plans evolve. Kerstetter, Jim // PC Week;08/23/99, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p33
Considers the prospects of eCharge Purchasing Account System, an online payment system from eCharge Corp that uses accounts for purchasing instead of credit cards. Speculation as to whether the payment system will survive where other electronic commerce payment methods have failed; The use of...
- A computer in the surgery. Wallis, Guy // Accountancy;Dec1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1072, p113
Discusses key issues relevant to the application of computerized data-processing technology in accounting. Role as a key factor in accounting; Effects on the accounting sector; Policy implications on accounting.
- DP STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT. Denton, John // Accountancy;Dec1987, Vol. 100 Issue 1132, p146
Discusses key issues relevant to the stages of development of data processing in Great Britain. Key features of development stages; Implementation plans for technology; Policy implications on accounting.
- The best laid plansâ€¦. // Accountancy;Apr1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1112, p1
Focuses on the difficulty of British accountants in mastering the use of computers for data processing. Insufficient testing of accounting software; Problems in understanding users' manual.
- THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT. // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Jan2000, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p680
Focuses on the features of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act in the United States. Goal to make digital networks safe to disseminate and exploit copyrighted materials; Progression of the bill protecting copyright interests including rules for electronic commerce; Role of the House Commerce...
- Bank Technology Stocks . // American Banker;7/19/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 136, p17
Presents charts showing the performance of bank technology stocks in the United States as of July 19, 1999. Includes data processing; Electronic commerce; Transaction processing; Investment systems.