Cutting technology costs
- New economy, old economy, or just an economy? Kiely, Pat // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p12
Comments on the hype over the new economy versus old economy paradigm. Conventional wisdom espoused by new economy advocates about manufacturing and post-industrial businesses; Effects of technological advances on economic growth.
- Reinvent Yourself Daily. Oliver, Richard W. // Management Review;Mar2000, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p10
Deals with the changes affecting business enterprises, profession and individuals due to globalization and technology. Suggestion on how business enterprises should react to the changes; Importance of reinventing and innovation strategy in businesses.
- ADAPT OR DIE. Rohan, Rebecca; Donaldson, Sonya A. // Black Enterprise;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p42
Discusses the impact of competitive technology on Afro-American owned business enterprises. Efforts of government agencies to change the way they do business; Information on business-to-government transactions; Advantages of technology. INSET: Start the Bidding.
- Does technology pay off? // Inc.;Summer95 Inc. Technology, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p78
Features an `Inc. Technology' fax poll on whether technology investments have been worthwhile. Questions for readers to answer about technology investments; The fascimile machine number to send answers to.
- If IT fails the firm will too. Stewart, Justin Urquhart // Computer Weekly;4/8/2003, p49
Focuses on the significant role of information technology (IT) in business operations. Expansion in the role played by corporate IT systems; Failure of some companies to give enough importance to their IT operations.
- Study shows county has fine location; lacks hi-tech pool. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/31/98-09/07/98, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p3
Provides information on a survey of businesses in Orange County, New York, conducted by Orange County Community College Professors Marvin Levine and Vincent Odock. Analysis of the impact of information technology (IT) evolution on job trends; Obstacles in business negotiations in the county;...
- Why IT matters in 2010. Aboud, Mark // CMA Management;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p17
The article discusses the importance of the information technology in business enterprises in Canada in 2010. It notes that customers need clarity in order to manage every aspect of the business so they can define better strategies, make more insightful decision and execute more efficiently....
- Energy efficiency boosts profits, productivity. // Occupational Hazards;Apr96, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p69
Reports on the findings of a study which says that investments in energy-efficient technologies can help companies to boost their financial bottom line through lower energy bills and increased productivity. Best industrial efficiency ideas by employees; Financial information on Dow Chemical's...
- IT: servicing the SMEs. // MarketWatch: Technology;February 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the possible growth of the European small and medium-sized business (SME) enterprises in Information Technology. Survival of the SMEs on the effects of the economic downturn better than most enterprise markets; Sought of SMEs on ways in which they can use technology for efficiency...