Accountants on the edge of electronic commerce
- Hot prospects in accounting. // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p14
Offers information on Robert Half Canada's report `Hot Jobs,' a survey on the accounting departments of several Canadian companies. Demand for accounts receivable professionals; Status for payroll staffs; Demand for general ledger specialists.
- Not So Determined To Get Online Bargains. // Adweek;6/21/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 25, p14
A chart is presented of a public opinion poll on consumer behavior on the use of discounts such as coupons during electronic commerce.
- KIDS' LESSONS, SUNCARE, ETC. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek;4/27/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 17, special section p23
News briefs on public opinion polls are presented. Almost 40 percent of adults said they were comfortable using their credit cards when engaged in electronic commerce purchases. One third of parents reported reducing spending on their children's recreational activities. An economic survey found...
- E-Shopper Woes. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek;4/27/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 17, special section p23
The article discusses a public opinion poll conducted by Opinion Research Corp. on consumer attitudes towards shopping via electronic commerce. Asked to cite the most frustrating aspect of online shopping, almost one-fourth of those polled cited the inability to communicate with actual...
- Corrections. // CPA Journal;Mar2006, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p10
Correction to the articles "Weighing the Public Interest: Is the Going Concern Opinion Still Relevant?" and "Survey of Top 100 Accounting Firms" that were published in the January 2006 issue are presented.
- Staffing still No. 1 CPA firm concern. // Accounting Today;11/3/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p3
Presents the results of the Top Five Management of an Accounting Practice Issues survey conducted by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants in 2003. Concerns raised by accounting firms over staffing; List of management responsibilities of the firms; Background on the survey.
- Fries, Cash, Cars, Etc. Dolliver, Mark // Brandweek;9/14/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 32, p42
News briefs on public opinion polls are presented. Over 80 percent of respondents in a Harris Poll said having savings in the bank made them happier than purchasing items they did not need. Forty percent of participants in another poll said they were either very or somewhat likely to purchase an...
- The Case Against Non-CPA Ownership. Kliegman, Edwin J. // Journal of the CPA Practitioner;Feb/Mar2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p7
The author discusses on the promotion of the concept of non-Certified Public Accountants (CPA) ownership of CPA firms in the U.S. introduced by Barry Melancon, president of AICPA. He states the developed regulation which limits the ownership of non-CPA to 49% of CPA firms to address the current...
- Should Shakespeare Now Read 'First We Kill All the Accountants'? Goldman, Paul // National Public Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p37
Assesses the public opinion concerning accountants. Disagreements of people about money; Discussion of the writings of the poet William Shakespeare regarding lawyers and accountants.