What's on tap for TAP?
- Microsoft modifies Action Pak for TAP. // Practical Accountant;Jan98, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p14
Presents information on the Microsoft Action Pak, computer software by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Microsoft company in conjunction with the Technology Advisor Program (TAP). Identification of the two training options being offered by Microsoft Action Pak;...
- Microsoft/AICPA connection grows. H.W.W. // Practical Accountant;Jun97, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the agreement between the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and Microsoft Corporation in 1996. What the agreement involves; Development in the Microsoft/AICPA connection.
- New TAP Action Pak available. // Accounting Technology;Jan98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
Reports that the American Institute of CPAs and Microsoft are making training for the BackOffice Small Business Server software available through the Institute's Technology Advisory Program.
- Do Consumers Understand What WebTrust Means? Portz, Kris; Strong, Joel M.; Busta, Bruce; Schneider, Ken // CPA Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p47
Focuses on WebTrust, a verification service for Web sites through a licensing program offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Benefits of WebTrust; How WebTrust works; Information on an experiment conducted to test the perceptions of consumers on WebTrust.
- SOP 98-1: Accounting for the Costs of Computer Software Developed or Obtained for Internal Use. Luerke, Randall W. // Ohio CPA Journal;Jan-Mar99, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p29
Provides information on the Statement of Position (SOP) No. 98-1 issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants in March 1998 for the costs of computer software developed or obtained for internal use in the United States. Background of the SOP; Scope; Effective date and...
- Another AICPA alliance. // Practical Accountant;Jul97, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p14
Announces the collaboration of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Society of Illinois in offering the CPAnalyst financial computer software program. Features of the program; Price of the program; Where it can be obtained.
- New rule$. Whiting, Rick // Software Magazine;Aug98, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p19
Looks at the guidelines issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants regarding accounting rules for capitalizing computer software. Implementation date of the rules; Possibility that the policy may create friction between software vendors and buyers.
- The AICPA Needs Developers for ATB Write-up. // Accounting Technology;Oct98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p14
Reports that the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants has had difficulty finding developers for its ATB Write-up software. Purpose of the move; Information on the software.
- Accounting for internal use software. Munter, Paul // CPA Journal;Feb97, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p16
Discusses the provisions of the exposure draft `Accounting for the Costs of Computer Software Developed or Obtained for Internal Use' issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' Accounting Standards Executive Committee. Underlying accounting issues; Existing generally...