Create the life you WANT
- Present time. Taylor, Susan L. // Essence (Essence);Jul95, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p59
Comments on the need for people to focus on oneself. Harboring feelings of discontent; Missing the pleasures of childhood; Need for self-acceptance; Tips on how to stay tune with oneself.
- TREASURE YOURSELF. Taylor, Susan L. // Essence (Essence);Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p9
Discusses the importance of practicing loving and taking care of one's self. Effects of self-love on one's character; Consequences of the lack of support and attention for one's self; Ways to praise and inspire one's self.
- How to make peace with your body. Maynard, Cindy // Current Health 2;Sep98, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p6
Presents information on how to appreciate your body, with reference to teenagers. Comments from several teenagers; Question segment on how you see yourself; Details on accepting your body.
- Self-Esteem in the Lesbian World. Young, Angie // Off Our Backs;Aug2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p18
Comments on the lesbian relationships. Presumptions on patriarchal roles; Want on lesbian media to foster self-love for women as healthy relationships; Penetration of misogyny, sexism and unrealistic beauty ideals on lesbian media.
- FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR LIFE. Rush, Colleen // Cosmopolitan;Dec2000, Vol. 229 Issue 6, p264
Offers pieces of advice on how to avoid being envious of others and love one's self.
- Insight. Deiter, Newt // Advocate;1/12/77, Issue 207, p14
Comments on the importance of establishing personal improvement goals for 1977. Self-responsibility; Self-acceptance.
- A longitudinal study of self-esteem: Implications for adolescent development. Zimmerman, Marc A.; Copeland, Laurel A. // Journal of Youth & Adolescence;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p117
Presents information on a study which evaluated self-esteem in adolescents. Information on the type of approach used in conducting the study; Identification of the four self-esteem trajectories; Indepth look at the results of the study.
- Be Yourself. Friedemann, Karin // Muslim Observer;6/3/2011, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p3
In this article the author discusses the importance of loving oneself and not losing one's identity in order to please others.
- The courage to be your best. Taylor, Susan L. // Essence (Essence);Jun98, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p73
Focuses on the challenge of finding the courage and discipline to practice self-love. Influence of early experiences on self treatment; Narration of author's childhood experiences which affected his present state; Importance of the acceptance of the truth in the promotion of self-acceptance and...