Train Up a Child: The Most Effective Way to Win in the Fight for Life
- Abortion-rights foes pressure Senate. Pecquet, Julian // Hill;10/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 144, p10
The article reports that anti-abortion group Americans United for Life (AUL) and its supporters are encouraging the U.S. Senate to act on the Protect Life Act that will ban health insurers providing abortion coverage if customers obtained federal subsidies.
- Large gender gap in US state-legislatures opposing abortion. // Women's International Network News;Summer90, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p21
Focuses on the lead of women state legislatures in fighting and voting against anti-abortion measures in state legislatures. Introduction of anti-abortion measures; Gender differences in voting.
- National Right to Life News Today: Your Online Pro-Life Newspaper. // National Right to Life News;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 38 Issue 6/7, p2
The article introduces the content of the "National Right to Life News Today" online newspaper, which include topics on state and federal abortion legislation, assisted suicide, and embryonic stem cells.
- ABORTION IS LEGAL. Howard, Melanie; Davis, Katherine // Self;Feb2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p130
Focuses on the legality of abortion in the United States. Unawareness of the people on the abortion agenda of legislators; Stand of pro-life advocates on the issue; Variation on the restrictions and responsibilities entailed in the abortion law of different states. INSET: ABORTION BY THE NUMBERS..
- Learning Curve. Dionne Jr., E. J. // Commonweal;3/25/2005, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p8
Explains the reasons behind the emergence of prolife Democrats in the U.S. Congress. Purpose of U.S. President George W. Bush for appointing conservative judges to the U.S. Supreme Court; Factor that contributed to the political victory of Arlen Specter over Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania;...
- Toward A Personhood Amendment. Brown, Judie // New Oxford Review;Feb2009, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on the American Life League federal personhood amendment in the U.S. It states that for many years, American Life League has been the leader for the call for personhood, the goal for those who want to abolish the act of abortion in the country. It notes that the goal will...
- Battle Fatigue. Pulliam, Sarah // Christianity Today;Jan2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the state of the anti-abortion movement in the U.S. after U.S. President-elect Barack Obama announced his plan to sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which would remove almost all state and federal restrictions on abortion. Professor Cynthia Gorney thinks there is abortion...
- Zell Miller's March to Life. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;1/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p7
Discusses the position of U.S. Democratic Senator Zell Miller on the issue of abortion. Most poignant sight for Miller at the 2003 pro-life march and demonstration; Characterization of Miller; National trend toward the pro-life position, according to Miller.
- According to one poll, majority is 'pro-life.'. // Christian Century;6/16/2009, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p13
The article discusses a Gallup poll that reveals a majority of Americans describe themselves as pro-life. The statistics, which are part of the annual Values and Beliefs Survey, represent the first time since 1995 that there has been a pro-life majority. The author suggests that United States...