HIV prevalence and risk behaviours among men having sex with men in Nigeria
- HIV, hepatitis and syphilis prevalence and correlates of condom use during anal sex among men who have sex with men in the Republic of Moldova. Zohrabyan, L; Johnston, L; Scutelniciuc, O; Iovita, A; Todirascu, L; Costin, T; Plesca, V; Cotelnic-Harea, T; Ionascu, G // International Journal of STD & AIDS;May2013, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p357
Limited data on HIV prevalence and related risks among men who have sex with men (MSM) exist in the Republic of Moldova. In Chisinau and Balti, 188 and 209, respectively, men who reported having anal or oral sex in the last six months with another man, aged â‰¥16 years were recruited into a...
- The Marvelous And Unapproved Condom. HEYWOOD, TODD // Between the Lines (10807551);5/8/2014, Issue 2219, p9
The article discusses use of condoms in anal sex for preventing HIV infections, mentions issues regarding its "off-label use" due to its non approval by U.S. Food & Drug Agency, and also mentions about issues regarding condom manufacturers not being able to advertise it for awareness.
- Five cases of syphilis from an urban university hospital in Lebanon. Maatouk, Ismaël; Fahed, Mario; Moutran, Roy // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Nov2014, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p973
The article presents a retrospective study of five syphilitic men presented to the Dermatology Department of Mount Lebanon hospital between July 2011 and March 2014. The patients confirmed that they practiced unprotected fellatio and four them revealed that they used condom during anal sex. The...
- Let's talk about condoms. Ridley, Teresa L.; Riddle, Judith Springer // Heart & Soul;Aug/Sep96, Issue 16, p16
Presents lessons to African American women about sexual behavior, awareness of HIV and condom use. Results of a study from the University of Alabama School of Public Health; Importance of sister-to-sister talk.
- Erratum to: Predictors of Condom Use Among Iranian Women at Risk of HIV. Lotfi, Razieh; Ramezani Tehrani, Fahimeh; Salehifar, Delara; Dworkin, Shari; Dworkin, Shari L // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Feb2016, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p439
A correction is offered to the article "Predictors of Condom Use Among Iranian Women at Risk of HIV," by several authors, including Razieh Lotfi, Fahimeh Ramezani Tehrani, Delara Salehifar and Shari L. Dworkin in the November 30, 2015 online issue.
- Are We Headed for a Resurgence of the HIV Epidemic Among Men Who Have Sex With Men? Wolitski, Richard J.; Valdiserri, Ronald O.; Denning, Paul H.; Levine, William C. // American Journal of Public Health;Jun2001, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p883
These increases in HIV risk behavior may be attributed to several factors that have affected the sexual practices of MSM, including changes in beliefs regarding the severity of HIV disease. These emerging data have implications for surveillance and intervention research activities and indicate a...
- That Thing All Guys Want In Bed These Days. // Glamour;Mar2013, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p218
The article discusses what most men want in bed with women which relates to anal sex. It states that most women are skeptical of the sexual activity but end up loving it based on the comments gathered by the magazine. It also mentions several ways to let women relax during the activity...
- HIV infection and high-risk behaviours in a Paraguayan military population. Laguna-Torres, V Alberto; Aguayo, Nicolás; Aguilar, Gloria; Ampuero, Julia S; Galeano, Adolfo; Barboza, Alma; Villafane, Margarita; Jiménez, Liliana; Perez, Juan; Kochel, Tadeusz J; Halsey, Eric S // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Oct2014, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p866
Between July 2005 and January 2006 we evaluated 1248 Paraguayan active duty military volunteers. Participants provided a blood sample for HIV testing and answered an anonymous survey. HIV seroprevalence was 0.4% (5 of 1248) among participants. The median age at first sexual intercourse was 16...
- Down on the farm: homosexual behaviour, HIV risk and HIV prevalence in rural communities in Khanh Hoa province, Vietnam. Colby, D.; Minh, T. Tan; Toan, T. T. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Nov2008, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p439
Objectives: To determine HIV prevalence, measure risk behaviour and determine levels of knowledge among men who have sex with men )MSM) in both urban and rural districts within Khanh Hoa province, Vietnam. Methods: 295 MSM were recruited using respondent- driven sampling from one urban and four...