First Trust Launching Loan Fund
- First Trust Launches HY ETF. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/18/2013, p18
The article focuses on an actively managed exchange-traded fund that will invest in high yield launched by First Trust Advisors.
- First Trust Expands Active ETF Lineup. Park, Irene // Financial-planning.com;3/ 1/2013, p7
The article offers information on the exchange traded funds (ETF) from First Trust Advisors LP.
- First Trust High Yield ETF Changes Name. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/9/2013, p13
The article announces that First Trust Advisors' board of trustees approved a name change for its high yield bond exchange-traded fund (ETF), First Trust High Yield Long/Short ETF, to First Trust Tactical High Yield ETF effective September 4, 2013.
- Muni CEFs Bucking The Trend. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;6/3/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33327, p1
The article reports on the good performance of municipal closed-end funds (CEFs) despite the market volatility in the U.S. It states that a First Trust Advisors LP index tracking returns on closed-end funds is down 6.2% since the end of April 2010. It notes that the municipal CEFs sector has...
- Closed-End Discounts Still Hard to Find. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/4/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33211, p1
The article reports on the significant discounts in the municipal close-end funds of various municipalities in the U.S. in the U.S. According to the findings of First Trust Advisors LP index tracking, the funds' discount is up by 31.5% for the year. It also determined that the three biggest...
- First Actively Managed HY ETF Attracts Imitators. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/30/2012, p11
The article discusses the issuance of high-yield exchange traded funds (ETF) in imitation of the Peritus High Yield ETF, the first actively managed high-yield ETF in the market. First Trust Advisors has filed a prospectus with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for an actively-managed...
- First Actively Managed HY ETF Attracts Imitators. // Leveraged Finance News;7/30/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 31, p1
The article reports that the Peritus High Yield exchange traded funds (ETF) launched in November 2010 attracted providers planning to launch similar fund. It states that the fund, managed by Peritus Asset Management for AdvisorShares, has $106 million in assets despite having some of the best...
- Muni Closed-End Funds Still on a Roll. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;10/6/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33195, p1
The article reports on the market performance of the municipal closed-end funds (CEF) in the U.S. According to First Trust Advisors LP, the municipal closed-end funds have accelerated from 5.6% to 37.8% in September 2009. In addition, the city's closed end funds have surpassed the 500 Index of...
- Economist: new products will improve business, personal lives. Sandin, Erik; Miller, Dick // North Western Financial Review;9/15/2007, Vol. 192 Issue 18, p10
The article highlights the view of Brian Westbury of First Trust Advisors LP relative to the driving force of the national economy in the U.S. Speaking to bankers at the Independent Community Banks of North Dakota convention, he stresses that new technology that creates smaller, faster operating...