With CLO Support, European Loans Take Off
- ECM's Craston Finds Value in European Loans. Iyer-Ahrestani, Savita // High Yield Report;8/15/2011, p12
The article discusses the long-term potential of European loans. For Matthew Craston, head of alternative investments at European Credit Management (ECM), managers have to stay the course, focus on credit selection and manage exposures to continue good performance in the loan space. According to...
- ECM's Craston Finds Value in European Loans. Iyer-Ahrestani, Savita // Leveraged Finance News;8/15/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p4
The article focuses on Matthew Craston of European Credit Management Ltd. (ECM), who considers the worth in European loans. According to Craston, European loans have long-term potential which investors can still see even in difficult times. It says that higher quality firms are being targeted by...
- Craston Sees Better Value For Europe. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;8/13/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p1
An interview with Matthew Craston, co-head of leveraged loans at London-based investment management firm European Credit Management, is presented. When asked what caused the downturn of the European leveraged loan market, he responds that the problems in the U.S. subprime market caused the...
- Craston Sees Better Values For Europe. // High Yield Report;8/13/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p1
An interview with Matthew Craston, co-head of leveraged loans at European Credit Management, is presented. When asked about the reasons for the market downturn in the European loan market, he answered that the problems in the U.S. subprime market caused the worsening of the European leverage...
- Loan Managers See Opportunity in Europe. C.J.C. // Leveraged Finance News;9/24/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 37, p1
The article presents an interview with Matthew Craston, head of alternative investments at ECM Asset Management, a unit of Wells Fargo based in London, England. Cranston explains why ECM structured its 2012 fund to invest in both loans and bonds in the European capital market and whether he sees...
- Is Private Equity Getting Pickier on NPLs? Muolo, Paul // Mortgage Servicing News;May2011, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the assessment of the private equity investors to the non-performing loans (NPL) of the smaller investors in the U.S. in 2011.
- Euro Roundup: LBO Issuance Cools Down. // High Yield Report;3/25/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p9
Reports the boosting of the European leveraged loan market. Factors contributing to the boosting performance of the market; historical growth of the leveraged buyout (LBO) deals; Implication of the inflow of private equity money for LBO activity.
- KNOW WHEN TO FOLD 'EM. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/7/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 38, p28
Focuses on the reluctance of lending companies to pull out investments to companies in the U.S. Problem in the assets of telecommunication and media sector; Conflict between private equity sponsors and their lenders; Impact of stock market downturn on private equity portfolios.
- FINANCE. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/5/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that the Utah Small Business Development Center (SBDC) network helped to inject more than 41 million U.S. dollars in loans and private equity into the economy of Utah by consulting with 2,669 entrepreneurs in fiscal 2012.