Alpha Taps HY Market for $1.5B
- Alpha Natural Resources Mines HY for $1.5B. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/16/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p30
The article reports on the 1.5-billion U.S. dollar junk bond issue of Alpha Natural Resources.
- Regency, Alpha Offer Combined $1B in Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/1/2012, p24
The article reports that Texas-based Regency Energy Partners and Virginia-based Alpha Natural Resources are on the U.S. junk bond primary markets with offerings of 500-million dollars each in senior notes due 2023 and 2018, respectively, citing further details on the bond offers.
- Alpha to Mine HY Market for $1.7B. M. S. // Leveraged Finance News;4/18/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the junk bond offering released by Abingdon, Virginia-based coal supplier Alpha Natural Resources Inc. It mentions that the 1.7 billion dollars deal was done to finance its acquisition of coal producer Massey Energy Co. along with its 3.3 billion dollars debt from...
- Issuers Add $3.1B to HY Queue. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/1/2012, p27
The article reports that 7 firms added a total of 3.1-billion dollars to the U.S. junk bond market on October 1, 2012. Alpha Natural Resources, Sinclair Broadcast Group and Regency Energy Partners led the group with three 500-million dollar offerings for a combined 1.5-billion dollars....
- Alpha to Mine HY Market for $1.7B. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/18/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p19
The article reports that Alpha Natural Resources, a coal supplier, will offer 1.7 billion U.S. dollars junk bond in an effort to finance its acquisition of Massey Energy for 7.1 billion U.S. dollars. Massey, a coal producer, is valued at 8.5 billion U.S. dollars. An overview of the financial...
- Three Issuers Plan $1B in HY Sales. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/19/2014, p13
The article reports on potential high-yield bond sales by coal mining company Alpha Natural Resources, Avis Budget Car Rental, and real estate investment trust (REIT) CTR Partnership. Topics discussed include plans for proceeds from the sales, bookrunners for the deals, and ratings of the...
- Three Issuers Price $1.3B in Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/19/2014, p19
The article reports on junk bonds sold by coal mining company Alpha Natural Resources, Avis Budget Car Rental, and drilling services firm KCA Deutag in May 2014. Topics discussed include the pricing of the bonds, bookrunners for the deals, and the companies' use of proceeds for purposes such as...
- Diversifying Our Economy Will Make It More Resilient. // State Journal (WV);8/8/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p20
The article presents author's comments on the plans of Alpha Natural Resources Inc. to lay off workers to improve the business in the U.S.
- Goodwill Write-Down Contributes to Alpha Loss in Q4. // State Journal (WV);3/2/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p5
The article offers information on the net loss of Alpha Natural Resources Inc. during fourth quarter of 2011 due to a 745 million dollars goodwill impairment charge.