EchoStar Sells $2B in Upsized Deal
- EchoStar's Junk Lifts Off. // High Yield Report;12/07/98, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p6
Reports on the rise of EchoStar Communications Corp.'s junk bonds during trading in the first week of December 1998. Prices of EchoStar's bonds; High yield investors in the bonds; Expectations on EchoStar's market share and coverage.
- EchoStar Buys Hughes. Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/21/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p22
The article reports that Hughes Communications will be acquired by EchoStar for around 2 billion U.S. dollars.
- EchoStar junk bond sale set. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;09/13/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 8, p5
Reports on satellite broadcaster EchoStar Communications Corp.'s plan to sell 600 million dollars in high-yield bonds to fund the launch and operation of satellites as well as unspecified possible business acquisitions.
- Is Charlie Ready to Deal? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p24
The article reports on Echostar's acquisition of satellite-broadband company Hughes Communications Inc. in the U.S. It indicates that Echostar chairman Charlie Ergen may be looking forward to improve the company's broadband services. It mentions that the acquisition involves the refinancing of...
- EchoStar's Purchase of Hughes Caps Aggressive Acquisition Strategy. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;2/16/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p3
The article informs that EchoStar will acquire Hughes Communications and its subsidiaries, for about 2 billion dollar. Michael Dugan, president and chief Executive Officer (CEO) of EchoStar, said that the aim of the deal is to enhance video and data broadband transport capabilities of the firm....
- EchoStar Opts for Hughes' Short-Term Profitability Over TerraStar's Long-Term Potential. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;3/2/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the closing of EchoStar's 2 billion dollars acquisition of Hughes Communications Inc. deal by the end of 2011. It is stated that EchoStar's 10 satellite-network and leading position in the video transmitting market will benefit Hughes, following the completion of the deal....
- A no-lose play. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/13/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 34, p12
Reports on EchoStar Communications' hostile bid for DirecTV parent Hughes Communications. Comparison of EchoStar's bid to that of News Corp.; Prediction of three possible outcomes with EchoStar's planned acquisition; Value of EchoStar's bid for Hughes Communications.
- EchoStar mulling data delivery. R.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p86
Reports on EchoStar Communications Corp.'s plan to incorporate data delivery into its consumer DBS service by early 1997. Holding of a public test of the technology; Possible transmission rates; Methods in accessing the data.
- Satellite TV hits stores. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p8
Reports the plan of EchoStar Communications in creating a national in-store satellite television based delivery system. Status of advertising delivery system; Advantage of satellite system; Relevance of satellite television in retail chains.