DHS OHA Issues RFI for BioWatch Lab Staffing Services
- DHS OHA Seeks SETA Support for BioWatch. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/8/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p20
The article announces plans by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Health Affairs (OHA) to release a solicitation in August 2011 seeking Scientific, Engineering and Technical Analysis (SETA) support for its BioWatch program.
- BIOSURVEILLANCE: Observations on the Cancellation of BioWatch Gen-3 and Future Considerations for the Program. Currie, Chris // GAO Reports;6/10/2014, preceding p1
The article focuses on a report of the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) related to the issue of the cancellation of the acquisition of the BioWatch Generation 3, a next generation biosurveillance technology (Gen-3), approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office...
- Northrop Grumman [NOC]: DHS Releases Draft RFP for BioWatch Gen-3 Phase II. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/31/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p15
This article reports on the issuance of a draft Request for Proposal (RFP) for Phase II of the BioWatch Gen-3 detection system effort by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Health Affairs (OHA).
- Agreements/contracts. // Medical Device Daily;8/13/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 156, p5
The article reports on the Laboratory Staffing Contract awarded to Astrix Technology Group to support the Biowatch Program of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Health Affairs.
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. // Federal Register;4/ 2/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 63, p18570
The article offers information on the notices from the Office of Health Affairs, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. It discusses several facts which includes notice of closed meetings of National Institutes of Health Center for scientific review, public review of patient decontamination...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. // Federal Register;6/6/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 109, p34112
The article discusses legal notices issued by different offices of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The Office of Health Affairs issued a 30-day notice and call for comments for the Chemical Defense Program. The National Protection and Programs Directorate issued a notice...
- US expands anti-bioterrorist measures. Fox, Jeffrey L. // Nature Biotechnology;Nov2001, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p998
Reports on the expansion of anti-bioterrorist measures in the U.S. Impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Concerns over risks of bioterrorism; Sole U.S. supplier of anthrax vaccine.
- Siga secures $4 million in government funding for defense research. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;November 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p5
Reports that Siga Technologies has been designated as a prime contractor by the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General's office to create systems for the rational developments of vaccines and therapeutics against potential agents of biological terrorism. Funding of the development program by an existing...
- in briefâ€¦. // Farmers Weekly;8/10/2007, Vol. 147 Issue 6, p34
The article reports that the National Association of Agricultural Contractors (NAAC) in Great Britain is urging operators to take biosecurity precaution and avoid visiting stock farms where possible in line with the foot-and-mouth disease outbreak in the country. The Department of Environment,...