DHS OHA Seeks SETA Support for BioWatch
- DHS OHA Issues RFI for BioWatch Lab Staffing Services. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/8/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p22
The article announces that the Department of Homeland Security Office of Health Affairs (OHA) issued a Request for Information (RFI) looking for a contractor that will provide laboratory staffing services to the BioWatch Laboratory Response Network throughout the U.S.
- BIOSURVEILLANCE: Observations on the Cancellation of BioWatch Gen-3 and Future Considerations for the Program. Currie, Chris // GAO Reports;6/10/2014, preceding p1
The article focuses on a report of the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) related to the issue of the cancellation of the acquisition of the BioWatch Generation 3, a next generation biosurveillance technology (Gen-3), approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office...
- Northrop Grumman [NOC]: DHS Releases Draft RFP for BioWatch Gen-3 Phase II. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/31/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p15
This article reports on the issuance of a draft Request for Proposal (RFP) for Phase II of the BioWatch Gen-3 detection system effort by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Health Affairs (OHA).
- Agreements/contracts. // Medical Device Daily;8/13/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 156, p5
The article reports on the Laboratory Staffing Contract awarded to Astrix Technology Group to support the Biowatch Program of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Health Affairs.
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. // Federal Register;4/ 2/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 63, p18570
The article offers information on the notices from the Office of Health Affairs, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. It discusses several facts which includes notice of closed meetings of National Institutes of Health Center for scientific review, public review of patient decontamination...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/6/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 109, p34112
The article discusses legal notices issued by different offices of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The Office of Health Affairs issued a 30-day notice and call for comments for the Chemical Defense Program. The National Protection and Programs Directorate issued a notice...
- US expands anti-bioterrorist measures. Fox, Jeffrey L. // Nature Biotechnology;Nov2001, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p998
Reports on the expansion of anti-bioterrorist measures in the U.S. Impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Concerns over risks of bioterrorism; Sole U.S. supplier of anthrax vaccine.
- Managing Terror. Benjamin, Georges C. // Physician Executive;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p80
Focuses on the management of bioterrorism attacks in the U.S. List of incorrect anthrax beliefs; Response of the government on the attacks; Need to enhance public education on bioterrorism.
- biodefense. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p264
A definition of the term "biodefense," which refers to national or international efforts to prevent the spread of biologically destructive agents used in terrorism or warfare, is presented.