Pentagon Agency Acquires AtHoc Wireless Alert System
- Pentagon Finalizes Military Lending Rules. Wack, Kevin // Financial-planning.com;7/21/2015, p1
The Obama administration on Tuesday finalized new regulations designed to crack down on high-cost loans to members of the military.
- Pentagon Probes F-35 Fire, Halts F-35 Flight Ops. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/30/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 22, p14
The article reports on the investigation being conducted by the U.S. Pentagon on the root cause of an F-35A fighter plane that caught fire in June 2014, a mishap that prompted a fleetwide halt to flight operations of the 398 billion dollar F-35 fighter program.
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;4/23/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 78, p22629
The article presents notices relating to information collection issued by the U.S. Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) and the Department of Defense (DoD). The PFPA is seeking public comments on its proposed information collection to be submitted to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)...
- RMA backs 'focused' warning system. // Tire Business;4/9/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p3
Reports the proposal of Rubber Manufacturing Association to the federal regulators to design a warning system for vehicles in the U.S. Detection of the safety-related issues; Importance of the regulation for safety program; Benefits of vehicle owners on the safety issue.
- Cell phones likely part of public warning system. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the possibility of using cellular telephones as a public warning system, according to a report released by the Partnership for Public Warning on November 25, 2002. Background on the organization; Implications for the proposed Department of Homeland Security; Role that the wireless...
- Firestone begins road to recovery. // Tire Business;4/9/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
Reports the plan of Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. to improve the image of the company to the customers in the U.S. Establishment of a comprehensive quality review team; Improvement of warning safety system; Expansion of tire warranties.
- Early Warning Systems for Hazardous Biological Agents in Potable Water. Foran, Jeffery A. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Oct2000, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p993
Focuses on the importance of early warning systems (EWS) for hazardous biological agents in potable water in the United States. Probability of terrorist threat to drinking water supplies; Benefits of EWS; Relevance of emergency preparedness plan; Implications for biological terrorism.
- A New Way to Show Shades Of Danger. Dickerson, John // Time;3/18/2002, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p26
Reports that the U.S. government plans to announce a color-coded warning system to alert the public to terrorist threats. Colors that correspond with five perceived levels of danger, from green to red, and guidelines for how to respond to each level; Role of Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge...
- Television for Paranoids. Rothman, Wilson // Time;10/13/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 15, p96
Mentions the introduction of Alert Guard, an early-warning system built into four new RCA television models. Where the system gets its information in the United States; Features of the new product; Prices of the 20-inch and 32-inch models.