Northrop Grumman Nabs $141 Million Task Order to Keep Supporting ABIS
- Army Issues Draft Plans For DoD ABIS Sustainment And Modernization. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;12/18/2015, Vol. 268 Issue 54, p5
The article offers information on requirements for Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS) by the U.S. Department of Defense and mentions global security company Northrop Grumman as the prime contractor of the U.S. Department of Defense.
- DoD Turns Switch On New Biometric Matching Database. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;2/12/2009, Vol. 241 Issue 26, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Defense Department late last month formally turned on its new biometric database that features multimodal storage and matching capabilities, as well as fusion technology that further enhances the likelihood of positively identifying a suspected insurgent or...
- Northrop Grumman Delivers Biometric Matching System To Australian DoD For Pilot. // Defense Daily;11/29/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 39, p3
The article reports that Northrop Grumman Corp. has delivered an automated biometric matching system (ABIS) to the Defence Department of Australia for a pilot test. The system delivered to Australia's armed forces is similar to an ABIS system that Northrop Grumman developed for the U.S. Defense...
- Northrop Grumman Nabs $141 Million Task Order To Keep Supporting ABIS. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;5/25/2011, Vol. 250 Issue 39, p6
The article reports that Northrop Grumman Corp. has received a follow-on task order worth 141 million dollars to continue developing and supporting the U.S. Department of Defense's Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS). Northrop Grumman unseated incumbent Lockheed Martin (LMT) in late...
- Northrop Grumman In Second Year of Next Generation ABIS Development. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;2/15/2008, Vol. 237 Issue 31, p5
The article reports that Northrop Grumman (NOC) has begun to get the computer architecture in place for the U.S. Defense Department's new biometric database. By the end of 2008, NOC is expected to have the computer system ready to begin adding biometric search capabilities. Northrop Grumman is...
- Military biometrics sensors and database technology to be provided by Northrop Grumman and IntegenX. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p35
The article reports that Northrop Grumman Corp. Information Systems and IntegenX Inc. had been chosen by the U.S. Army Biometrics Identity Management Agency in Washington D.C. to supply RapidHIT 200 Human DNA Identification System. The move is said to be part of the U.S. Department of Defense...
- House Panels Boosts Funding For DoD Biometric Database. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;6/17/2011, Vol. 250 Issue 56, p2
The article reports that the U.S. House Appropriations Committee has decided to transfer 26 million dollars from the account of the U.S. Department of Defense to the Army's Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS). It is mentioned that biometric databases are used to share data within...
- Battlefield Communications Is Subject of Northrop Work. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;4/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p34
The article reports that the U.S. Defense Department is awarding a 26.8 million contract to advanced technology firm Northrop Grumman Corp. for operating and supporting an electronic communications device, known as BACN.
- MASSIVE VICTORY FOR NORTHROP. PANDEY, MARSHAL B. K. // SP's Aviation;Oct2015, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p30
The article reports on award given to aerospace company Northrop Grumman by United States Department of Defense to build Long Range Strike Bomber (LRSB).