IATA Unveils Mock-Up of Risk-Based Checkpoint of the Future
- Travel. // Thailand Tourism Report;Q1 2009, p24
The article looks at the condition of the travel industry in Thailand as of first quarter of 2009. The economic history of major Thai airports is presented. Thailand's international airport Suvarnabhumi is experiencing some problems such as allegations of shoddy workmanship in the construction...
- Airports Slow To Advance Projects Despite a Thaw in the Economy. Parsons, Jim // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/9/2009, Vol. 263 Issue 15, p40
The article looks at the state of the U.S. airport construction market as of November 9, 2009. Identified problems faced by the market in 2008 include lower passenger traffic, tight financial markets and reduced airline revenues. As an after effect of the global recession, the International Air...
- ASIA-PACIFIC AIRPORTS PLAN FOR GROWTH. // Asian Aviation Magazine;Mar2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses various aspects related to the development plan of airports for reducing passenger traffic in Asia-Pacific Regions. It mentions that the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) announced plans to build new airports through 2015. It further informs that a statistics...
- By the numbers: International air traffic strong in June. // Travel Markets Insider Newsletter;8/15/2013, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the substantial increase of international traffic for June 2013. According to the data gathered by the Airports Council International (ACI), total passenger traffic has increased by 4% in the period over June 2012 with 5.8% increase for international traffic and 2.2%...
- AIRPORT/AVIATION NEWS ROUNDUP. // Travel Markets Insider Newsletter;4/29/2014, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p2
The article offers world news briefs related to airports and aviation. The Brazilian government ensures the preparedness of airports for the upcoming World Cup on June 12, 2014 which includes the Guaruolhos, Congonhas and Brasilia International. The International Air Transport Association (IATA)...
- Pax demand stabilises. // Travel Daily;12/ 3/2012, p3
The article reports on the decline of passenger traffic results for global International Air Transport Association (IATA) for October 2012, but an increase of 2.8% year-on-year.
- Air forecast positive. // Travel Daily;10/29/2013, p6
The article reports on the findings of the poll study conducted by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) which showed that 83% of airlines expect increases in passenger traffic while 62% anticipate a drop in fuel and compensation costs.
- Aviation Week's action plan for air travel. North, David M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/25/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 17, p86
Provides information on the plan of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to reduce air travel delays caused by air traffic congestion. Reformation of the United States Federal Aviation Administration; Coordination of flight schedules; Improvement of airline-passenger relations;...
- CARGO SECTOR TO REMAIN STEADY. CONWAY, PETER // Airline Business;Jan2011, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p19
The article forecasts stability in the air cargo sector in 2011 based on International Air Transport Association (IATA) figures for October 2010 which showed a 14.4 percent rise in traffic year-on-year.